+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WTD: Headphone Amp

I'm malcolm.

Thanks for the review John, I have a Capella and agree with you regarding the 'warm' presentation which I was disappointed with, I also have a fully upgraded Bushmaster which I prefer. I was debating trying a Myriad but if presentation is similar to Capella then maybe I will pass.

I also have at present: Bottlehead Crack which although good my favourite cans are now low impedance; Burson Soloist which I need to check out afresh, a MF v-can which I rather like, an O2 which I really like and now a friend has lent me a Graham Sleep Novo with PSU 1 which I am smitten by...but given the price difference...
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Glad to be of service, Malcom. The Myryad seems to be within the British analogue sound tradition, pace Arcam. Done poorly 'warm' can come over as stodgy and leaden-footed. I have at the moment a Myryad 210 CDP which paired with the Z40 is coming over as too warm for my taste. They ought to go together like Ginger and Fred, but something is amiss!

Like the look of the Burson Soloist - and the idea of simplicity that informed its layout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345