+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Valve Integrated

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    The Radford was also my top recommendation by email. In my view this is the best by a margin out of that list though of course not an integrated which is what was asked for.

You've been lying low Alan - hope all is good with you. Nice to see you here.

I think we are talking about two different conversations, the one I mentioned was the P30K.
    Hi Tom
    Yes been lying low. Caring for my better half takes most of my time and brain power - such as it is. ��

It looks like there were two conversations going on simultaneously, or even better, at the same time.

It appears after all the heartaches and false alarms I have found my Nirvana. Unison Research Unico 90, Sonos with Mark Grant power cable into Naim Dac V via Nordost Silver Shadow or Wireworld Supernova 7 glass optical through Rega speaker cable into Harbeth HL5 Plus. Magical mate. Never been so contented. ��
    Last edited by AlanB; 16-12-2017 at 12:26. Reason: Correct mistypes.

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlanB View Post
    Hi Jake ..hope you are well mate.
    If you look at Phil’s post he was referring to his visit to me when he heard the Unico 90. Specifically the Unico 90 not the P30k.

Have a good Xmas.
    Really well thanks Alan, hope you are too. Quite a few changes here, married now with a baby due in April, Hifi might have to take a back seat for a bit!

Merry Christmas to you too sir. Hope you have a good one

I'm Mike.

Demo amp goes back this morning so I'm still looking for something in the meantime.

After the demo it would seem that I want/need something push/pull that outputs at least 40w.

I'm Sebastian.

Look carefully.
    90% of tube amps are not worth the money - when you compare the price to the sound.
    That includes many of the "hyped" brands as matersound, audio note, unison and so on. There are lots of amps out there that are way to pricy. Most of the "hyped" brands do though have amps - mostly older models - that are worth the money.
    Tube amps has - like all other hifi - become a quantity piece, not a quality piece - and the concept of high end has changed so people now think that mid end sound is actually high end sound.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by msg1979 View Post
    Look carefully.
    90% of tube amps are not worth the money - when you compare the price to the sound.
    That includes many of the "hyped" brands as matersound, audio note, unison and so on. There are lots of amps out there that are way to pricy. Most of the "hyped" brands do though have amps - mostly older models - that are worth the money.
    Tube amps has - like all other hifi - become a quantity piece, not a quality piece - and the concept of high end has changed so people now think that mid end sound is actually high end sound.
    No worries, I won't be buying without fully researching it

I'm Sebastian.

Only thing that can do is you own ears

Most hifi ppl have read about something and think they know it all and give answers as they have know it all
    Most hif ppl havent heard a real high end setup where the torgue on the screws holding the cartridge do effect the sound
    Dealers are the ppl who hype mid end product to high end products
    Reviewers - many are corrupt

If you want to do real research you need to know ppl who can look at the inside and tell you what they see and ppl that have been listenig and repairing for lifetimes. Thats the ppl with typical ages 50-60+. We have some gurus here in Denmark. I use them my self - and until now they havent been wrong in both ways. That spares alot of time buying, trying, selling, buying, trying and selling

1. step in research is to get a picture of the schematic and a picture of the inside Next step is to get a guru to look at it. Last step is to listen for you self and make own opinion.
    A reading review step can be added - but that dont tell anything about the quality and sound of the amplifier. That can only give a small hint.

I'm Shaun.

Dont know if this would be of interest to you but it is a bit of a bargain

Definitive is selling their ex dem Trafomatic SM300B for ££1900 but I'm sure you could haggle.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    No worries, I won't be buying without fully researching it
    This seems to be still available at a great price from Dave - could be worth some research ?

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...grade-for-sale

I'm Alan.

Built in DAC, remote as well, oodles of power, what's not to like.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Built in DAC, remote as well, oodles of power, what's not to like.
    The sound ?

Not heard it but most I've read about it don't really rate it. I've dropped off the demo amp and I'm waiting on a deal being offered for something slightly different

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast