+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long shot request can anyone help me get speakers from Motherwell to the S East?

montesquieu Guest

Default Long shot request can anyone help me get speakers from Motherwell to the S East?

I just bought a pair of Tannoy Eatons - they are in Caithness at the moment but the seller is in Edinburgh over Christmas and will drop them at my sister's place in Motherwell on the 22nd December.

As it happens I'm in Scotland over Christmas but have already bought flights (it's my dad's 80th on Christmas Eve and everything from flights to car hire when I'm there is long booked). Otherwise I'd think about driving up for them.

I was wondering if anyone is making the trip up and down who could bring them down to this general neck of the woods where I could come and pick them up? Obviously happy to provide some recompense.

Appols if this is the wrong place to put this request.

I'm paul.

If someone was driving south but not near you I would be happy meet anyone going near the dartford crossing if that helped.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    If someone was driving south but not near you I would be happy meet anyone going near the dartford crossing if that helped.
    Much appreciated Paul and just to add if anyone can do the long part I'm happy to travel around the SE to pick up I'm not expecting dropped at the door!

I'm brian.

Motherwell to Lancs... possibly ......in January.

If stuck, please get in touch.

I'm Loz.

We'll be driving from Coventry to East Sussex on the 26th or 27th December if that helps?

I'm Wojtek.

I’m in Edinburgh if timings get tricky, just waiting on a delivery from south east by a chap I found on Shiply - a turntable and tube amp. If those survive he will be worth recommending!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtek View Post
    I’m in Edinburgh if timings get tricky, just waiting on a delivery from south east by a chap I found on Shiply - a turntable and tube amp. If those survive he will be worth recommending!
    Could there be a deal if he takes the speakers the other way?

I'm Wojtek.

He charged me 85 including the website fee for amp and turntable. Delivered safe, wrapped in blanket/quilt in transit, although sadly the kit isn’t quite as described by the seller! Can recommend him on the strength of this one job, pm me if you want his details.

I'm Taz.

If someone can get them to Manchester I could grab them from there and then have them picked up from mine (Birmingham) or couple days later we could drive them down to the south for you

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wojtek View Post
    He charged me 85 including the website fee for amp and turntable. Delivered safe, wrapped in blanket/quilt in transit, although sadly the kit isn’t quite as described by the seller! Can recommend him on the strength of this one job, pm me if you want his details.
    Brian, Loz (and Taz - just saw your message there) thanks for the offers, I'll be in touch if it looks like you can help.

Wojtek I just PM'd you for details. That compares pretty well with finding some boxes and a courier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast