+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FS. Taket Batpure supertweetwers .

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Well these finally arrived today after probably a week of sitting in the local delivery office ... stuck them in tonight and I don't know whether it's just because I'm in a good mood, but I rather like what they are doing doubled up with my existing ones. I'll do my usual and just play them for a while, then a week or so down the line take them out and compare.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Well these finally arrived today after probably a week of sitting in the local delivery office ... stuck them in tonight and I don't know whether it's just because I'm in a good mood, but I rather like what they are doing doubled up with my existing ones. I'll do my usual and just play them for a while, then a week or so down the line take them out and compare.
    How have you wired these extra set up Tom? I'm guessing in parallel.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

As the impedance is extremely high and the sensitivity low, it makes sense to connect in parallel. Several pairs won't hurt at all.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    How have you wired these extra set up Tom? I'm guessing in parallel.
    Yup parallel.

I'm Edward.

So my high grade pure wood supertweeter cabinets are now complete together with straight through wiring. Dedicated custom build. Unique.

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Exquisite!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    So my high grade pure wood supertweeter cabinets are now complete together with straight through wiring. Dedicated custom build. Unique.

Almost up to my standard Edward!

I'm Edward.

So whaddya guys think - custom paint job or vinyl wrap now?

I hope it is not just my imagination (expectation bias) but there is an element of smoothness whilst also being a tad more detailed that these Batpure things give. More air if you will.

Currently being driven with one of Duncan's (Tubehunter) class d amps which is itself smooth and wide.

I'm Geoff.

You have one big benefit from a long box. It is unlikely to fall off the front.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast