+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Noise reduction

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    This isn't exotic kit, it's a piece of wire to connect the 0V side of an RCA socket directly to mains earth. No R&D is required.
    If I remember right you are the person who says no mains cable can sound better than a kettle lead. For that reason in my eyes you have no street cred. Apologies if I have this wrong
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    it isn't that so much as the fact that they claim it does things it can't do. It may well have a beneficial effect on the sound and that is fine. No-one is questioning people's subjective experiences. What is being questioned is what it does and how it does it.
    Questioning is great, as are warnings about potential safety issues. But, uninformed and unsubstantiated condemnation of potential sound quality improvements merely shows personal bias.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    . But, uninformed and unsubstantiated condemnation of potential sound quality improvements merely shows personal bias.
    No personal bias here, it's no concern of mine what other people spend their money on. I just object to these companies treating people like mugs with their horseshit explanations to justify why a bit of wire needs to cost $200.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

RothwellAudio Guest

If I remember right you are the person who says no mains cable can sound better than a kettle lead. For that reason in my eyes you have no street cred. Apologies if I have this wrong
    I don't remember ever saying that, but even if I did it wouldn't change the laws of physics or electronics (which is only a sub-set of physics laws anyway).
    The whole point of understanding a subject is to be able to make reliable predictions and avert disaster. Putting my hand in the fire doesn't make me "open-minded", it makes me stupid. I've learned that lesson and can predict the results if I was to do it again.
    Randomly linking 0 volts to mains earth is not a reliable way to improve an audio system.

RothwellAudio Guest

...uninformed and unsubstantiated condemnation of potential sound quality improvements merely shows personal bias.
    What about informed condemnation?

I'm Andrew.

I'm Paul.

I’m not really sure what the link is here. This plug is used to ground yourself when working on sensitive electrical equipment so that you do not create Electro Static Discharge, say by rubbing your shoes ove the carpet too much and creating a spark between your finger and the device under repair/build.
    ~Paul~

I'm Geoff.

it's just an earth.
    I think this shows on which mast you have already pinned your flag to.

Let me guess what will happen. If you hear nothing you will declare that the whole concept of acoustically improved earthing through different topology and material is a nonsense.
    I get the impression there is a desperate will for this thing to be wonderful and that some may not be happy until everybody concedes and gives it a round of applause!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

I think what needs to be said is that there are very well established design philosophies regaring earthing schemes in hifi equipment that ensure performance and safety. This has come about after decades of understanding and implementation. This is just one of the fundamental truths of electronics. This cable will undo all of that.

This cable is just wrong and seems like it has been conceived on a lack of understanding.
    ~Paul~

I'm Geoff.

it's just an earth.
    I think this shows on which mast you have already pinned your flag to.
    Are you suggesting the 'wire' is not an earth? If so, then what is it?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast