+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DoGood audio - problem

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Looks like you've been shafted, however if one of their shops is still open,make a trip?
    I've ordered from them frequently and never had an issue so it's a bit of a surprise that this has happened. I have started a PayPal dispute so I'll go down that route first, if no joy, I'll pay a visit. It's only £20 but I don't like being ripped off.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Sure got a few records that need cleaning

I had a message from Martin on the 14/11 telling me that they where going to get same top stuff from the like of Achupase and Luxman. from this I presume the shop was doing pretty well, one can't really tell at this day and age, maybe family trubles...
    Any way Paypal is spot on so no problems there other than not finishing a project in time
    That date is around the time they stopped responding to eBay buyers according to feedback. Obviously, I hope it's nothing untoward and everyone is healthy but if they have shut up shop, they should have suspended sales online too.

I'm Edward.

Judging from Google maps (2017) the shop in Rice Lane is fully shuttered during working hours.

The registrant of the domain name has a Liverpool address (Gwenfron Rd). That house shows a For Sale sign but it may be an old pic as the guy seems to have purchased a new house recently (judging from his Facebook page which he last posted on 3 days ago).

There is a company of same name (and the same private address) which was formed in 2016 and is way overdue on filing its accounts.

Clearly something has gone wrong. I hope the owner is ok.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Judging from Google maps (2017) the shop in Rice Lane is fully shuttered during working hours.

The registrant of the domain name has a Liverpool address (Gwenfron Rd). That house shows a For Sale sign but it may be an old pic as the guy seems to have purchased a new house recently (judging from his Facebook page which he last posted on 3 days ago).

There is a company of same name (and the same private address) which was formed in 2016 and is way overdue on filing its accounts.

Clearly something has gone wrong. I hope the owner is ok.
    I got an email today asking for me to rate their service obviously automatically generated but taking the piss a bit I thought.

I'm Sandro.

Just drove past the Rice Lane shop
    It is closed got text last Friday telling me it was going to be open
    Just texted and no reply at present

I'm Sandro.

Shop was open today and just got a bunch of records cleaned
    They have been very busy whit house sale and such.
    All should be back to normal after Crimbo
    Surely I hope so

I'm Martin.

Not a very good excuse. Not too busy to take people's money but too busy to ship out the goods? Would have taken 2 minutes to put a note on the website advising there would be a delay with orders. Someone died suddenly, fair enough, but moving house is not an unexpected event.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sandro.

Macca
    I have no relation whit Do good audio so I can not comment, as a customer, if in the same situation, I have to agree whit you
    I told them about the negative post here and I live to them to reply as they can.

To me it is the only HiFi shop in town so If I can support them, as here, well, I think I just did.

Bigman80 Guest

Macca
    I have no relation whit Do good audio so I can not comment, as a customer, if in the same situation, I have to agree whit you
    I told them about the negative post here and I live to them to reply as they can.

To me it is the only HiFi shop in town so If I can support them, as here, well, I think I just did.
    Understandable that youd support the local outlet and thats to be applauded. It isnt a negative post as such, just a truth of experience which is negative by default. If they were to deal with my emails and PayPals efforts to a satisfactory outcome, that would be reflected too. Its entirety up to them to react and me to report.

As I said Previously, I have used them often and had no issue. Except now.

I'm Martin.

Macca

I agree, my mother lives not far from the shop they had in Aigburth Road and I was going to go in next time I was up there until I read here that they had closed it down.

I deal with a lot of businesses every day in my job and the ones that are run amateurishly do not last long. People underestimate what they are taking on when they start their own business. If your not keen on 100 hour weeks and putting the rest of your life on hold, at least until you are well established (allow 5-10 years) it is best to remain working for the man.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast