+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DoGood audio - problem

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Xmas Post Office temps on the rob then.

They had about 7 albums off me once. Good stuff too. Mountain, Bobby Womak, Sly & The Family Stone. The one consolation was it probably massively improved the quality some poxy student's record collection.
    As a Postie myself I can honestly say that the majority of stuff that doesn't arrive is down to person that posted it, no house numbers, addresses that don't exist, God awful packaging, oh and items were never sent in the first place. In the past I've had to call company's about a package that hasn't arrived only to be told,oh it'll be at the post office,theres a back log, and when I say I work there and there isn't a back log,it goes very quiet
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    As a Postie myself I can honestly say that the majority of stuff that doesn't arrive is down to person that posted it, no house numbers, addresses that don't exist, God awful packaging, oh and items were never sent in the first place. In the past I've had to call company's about a package that hasn't arrived only to be told,oh it'll be at the post office,theres a back log, and when I say I work there and there isn't a back log,it goes very quiet

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

It is a real shame that the UK does not have something similar to the USA's Better Business Bureau. What we do have (like tr*******t) can easily be scammed as to make them largely worthless.

When buying from a site I don't know I do some quick simple things like how long they have been in operation (check whois and companies house), does their web certificate match their name, do they have a physical address, are they up to date at Companies House, any bad reviews (I largely discount good reviews), stuff like that. Anything of significant value I will call them and discuss if in stock, actual delivery time etc.

Always best to be wise before the event.

Shame that dogood audio have ruined their reputation, they seemed to be 'doing good' originally. Anyone now searching on their name will likely see this thread and go elsewhere for their purchase.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    It is a real shame that the UK does not have something similar to the USA's Better Business Bureau. What we do have (like tr*******t) can easily be scammed as to make them largely worthless.

When buying from a site I don't know I do some quick simple things like how long they have been in operation (check whois and companies house), does their web certificate match their name, do they have a physical address, are they up to date at Companies House, any bad reviews (I largely discount good reviews), stuff like that. Anything of significant value I will call them and discuss if in stock, actual delivery time etc.

Always best to be wise before the event.

Shame that dogood audio have ruined their reputation, they seemed to be 'doing good' originally. Anyone now searching on their name will likely see this thread and go elsewhere for their purchase.
    It's a shame yes but a true reflection of a purchase experience. Better than the worthless eBay feedback.

I'm Martin.

I get a little uneasy with threads like this but I can tell that Marco will monitor the situation and handle it well.

I followed it and I looked at an active well laid out site. I dont understand why no phone calls were answered. I cant see anybody running a business on the basis of no communication and reports of shutters down at the shop.

Why would an active business ignore you and I think it needs to be more clear cut before everybody starts speculating and digging the hole.

Things go wrong, Paypal protection is very good and perhaps the naming and shaming here is too much.

I cant really see that a business trying to survive would openly rip people off. Ive been scammed but its usually by the dodgy individual with no reputation to lose.

Maybe the business should get an early right to reply before we all start thinking they have done a moonlight flit.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 21-12-2017 at 21:02.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I get a little uneasy with threads like this but I can tell that Marco will monitor the situation and handle it well.

I followed it and I looked at an active well laid out site. I dont understand why no phone calls were answered. I cant see anybody running a business on the basis of no communication and reports of shutters down at the shop.

Why would an active business ignore you and I think it needs to be more clear cut before everybody starts speculating and digging the hole.

Things go wrong, Paypal protection is very good and perhaps the naming and shaming here is too much

Maybe the business should get a right to reply before we all start thinking they have done a moonlight flit
    The business have been made aware of the thread and have as much right as anyone to join and share their side of the story.

To be fair, as Marco already pointed out, it's been a very mature thread with no shit flinging of any nature.

As covered previously, I have purchased many items from Dogoodaudio and never had an issue. I did on this occasion and thankfully got a resolution I am happy with.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

Things go wrong, Paypal protection is very good and perhaps the naming and shaming here is too much.

I cant really see that a business trying to survive would openly rip people off. Ive been scammed but its usually by the dodgy individual with no reputation to lose.

Maybe the business should get an early right to reply before we all start thinking they have done a moonlight flit.
    As Oliver said they have been made aware of the tread and the comments raised here yesterday
    And had a chance to reply, maybe they need more time.

IMO this tread is of great value, as you say, because of it A business whit a reputation must think...
    The dodgy individual is taken care off by the Paypal protection.

I would agree whit you to the early right to reply, this is certainly one point to be looked at from Marco.

You get uneasy whit tread like this, of course, I also do, it is pretty ugly, but at times necessary unfortunately.

I'm Martin.

Yes ok fair enough. I do understand how frustrating no reply and no early resolution can be. I agree that there is no need for poor customer service when you have all the contact details.

Its just that we all secretly like a meaty story of goods being loaded up during a moonlight flit. This type of thread can take on a life of its own.

Maybe Marco can run a consumer careline and get Esther Rantzen on board. "Im warning you that I will tell the Art Of Sound forum".......

There is a point where we must be warned but Im wondering when that is. I think its because I want to know why and I want to see both sides of the story instantly. I was about to hire a PI just to satisfy my own curiosity
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 22-12-2017 at 08:07.

I'm Sandro.

Yeah Esther Rantzen or maybe a more updated version.

I can post same stories about dealers reduced near tears after messing about whit me...

I can post you the full story or maybe PM whit transcript and translations
    This was a couple of weeks ago
    Quote:
    Mr Bxxxx I make all regular from my side I refound to you the total order what do you want more ???
    Pls stop I 'm really sick now. I also cancel my feedback I hope You 'll made the same think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345