+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted.very cheap quad 306

I'm paul.

Default wanted.very cheap quad 306

hi
    as the title states,im after a very cheap quad 306 to give the quad sound a go and see if i like it or not,hence im not after spending alot just in case i dont get on with it
    anyone got one kicking around collecting dust or whatever.
    must be able to post to sunny cornwall to.
    any help and love would be much appreciated.
    regards
    paul

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    hi as the title states,im after a very cheap quad 306
    I'm enjoying mine Paul. Very nice sound and they don't cost a fortune.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm paul.

hi geoff
    good to hear
    ive been meaning to try quad for awhile now,realised im not getting any younger so thought i better do it sooner then later...you can always sell me yours very cheap if you like

I'm Brook.

It doesn't really matter how much you spend on one to a point, I have owned a few 33/303 & 34/306 combinations & always got my money back when moving on, even made on one 303, prices are very steady.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    It doesn't really matter how much you spend on one to a point, I have owned a few 33/303 & 34/306 combinations & always got my money back when moving on, even made on one 303, prices are very steady.
    hi
    that may be very true,but at this time of year and being nearly broke "It doesn't really matter how much you spend on one " certainly isnt going to work for me at the moment no matter if i can recoup the money at a later date if i sell it on
    ive got my eye on afew on ebay to see what they go for,but if there going for good money then i may have to give up before ive started as this is more a curiosity/interest thing rather then a need
    regards
    paul

I'm Robin.

There is very nice 306 with a Quad 34 on PFM for £325 for both, seems good value, he might split if you only want the 306. I have a 34/405 combo and love it.....

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    hi
    that may be very true,but at this time of year and being nearly broke "It doesn't really matter how much you spend on one " certainly isnt going to work for me at the moment no matter if i can recoup the money at a later date if i sell it on
    ive got my eye on afew on ebay to see what they go for,but if there going for good money then i may have to give up before ive started as this is more a curiosity/interest thing rather then a need
    regards
    paul
    a fair price for a good one (say serviced reasonably recently) is £175 I think, as per above prices are steady, 'tis a shame you are so far away as I'd lend you mine to try
    cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick2000 View Post
    a fair price for a good one (say serviced reasonably recently) is £175 I think, as per above prices are steady, 'tis a shame you are so far away as I'd lend you mine to try
    hi paul
    thanks for the would be offer of a loan on your quad if i had been closer....cornwall is a bit of a no-mans land regarding hifi interests,or the sort im into anyway.....and im never near to anyone regarding shows,events or interesting people with great gear.
    oh the solitude of it all....still im by the sea with killer beaches and coves and excellent scenery,mustnt be greedy

regards
    paul

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasque View Post
    There is very nice 306 with a Quad 34 on PFM for £325 for both, seems good value, he might split if you only want the 306. I have a 34/405 combo and love it.....
    hi robin
    thanks for the heads up,i did notice that and had stuck it in my saved searches.

regards
    paul

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast