+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi Everyone

I'm anthony.

Default Hi Everyone

Just joined the forum, im 53, live in sunny Gateshead with 2 cats, big tv and hifi.

Just bought latest Caiman SEG DAC to replace bushmaster (very impressed!), use htpc with USB into SEG, going to Cyrus XP amp and spendor s6a speakers, along with my old speakers musical fidelity mc4's as backup cos i can't bear to part with them.

Play all my music from network NAS, most of it taken from my now stored away cd collection.

My main musical likes are Baroque, especially small ensembles where you can hear individual instruments. main composers are JS & CPE Bach, Haydn, Vivaldi, Corelli and their ilk.

Love some of the Michael Nyman stuff, mainly from Greenaway films - drowning by numbers, prosperos books, draughtsmans contract and not forgetting the piano.

Like quite a lot of minimalist ECM artists - Arvo Part, Keith Jarrett, Hilliard ensemble

Ive been told by friends that my musical tastes lean to baroque cos i like to know whats coming next, not a big fan of percussion - period, lol

Next upgrade is new power supply for SEG DAC, then possibly bi-amp Cyrus.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 12-12-2017 at 23:53.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Anthony. Welcome to AOS.

Plenty of Beresford fans here. There's the Beresford Banter section: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...resford-Banter

This is a friendly place, so just join in any chat that interests you, there's always something going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

(oh, and I just edited your typo, so you're good to go now )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Hi Anthony, I too am a fan of some of the ECM artists Nils Petter Molvaer, Wolfgang Haffner, Lars Dannielsen and others. Sting's guitarist Dominic Miller has just done an album for ECM...I have to say that I prefer his earlier stuff.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread