+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: the zeta is here!

I'm Kevin.

As you had the issue with the wires losing one channel, and now this, if it were mine and I planned to keep it, I would send it off to J7 at AO to be sorted....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Some time in the late 80s or early 90s Heybrook produced an arm that was reputedly made by G B Tools. Do you know anything about it?
    I had a long discussion with Mick at the weekend, we did chat about this. He doesnt recall GB making any 'Heybrook' arms,although they did do work for Mission (774).

BigMooG (Jonathan Stanley)
    He says: Decca is Better

Vinyl System: Superficial Engineering hell/p12 turntable (British Leyland suspension upgrade), Jack-a-nori semi mono Cartridge (tooth pick cantilever), STI Klynik XXX tonearm (rewired with Klimacs Kable ), intelligence quotient 161 (mensa) preamplifier with 224 NOS Ssangyong ECC88s and NOS North Korean kim-jong-ill GZ34s, barelyaudible research V.P.L. dual quad mono amplifiers with modified circuit boards (MDF), Gilson W.A.L.L.O.P Ultimate Final V2 loudspeakers, uranium cable loom (mercury vapour upgrade), hysterical research and Dr Mike Amera room treatments-flock wallpaper, yergota bee-joking cryofrozen fuses throughout

Digital system: cd player

Mick told me that just before he left GB tools (they went out of business not long after), they had made 'around' 20 'ZETA Signature' tonearms - these were all in various states of completion and were to be priced well above the standard arm. Im told that the design of the signature had changes to the bearing yoke and other details to reduce some the resonant aspects of the arm. He has no idea what happened to these arms!
    BigMooG (Jonathan Stanley)
    He says: Decca is Better

Vinyl System: Superficial Engineering hell/p12 turntable (British Leyland suspension upgrade), Jack-a-nori semi mono Cartridge (tooth pick cantilever), STI Klynik XXX tonearm (rewired with Klimacs Kable ), intelligence quotient 161 (mensa) preamplifier with 224 NOS Ssangyong ECC88s and NOS North Korean kim-jong-ill GZ34s, barelyaudible research V.P.L. dual quad mono amplifiers with modified circuit boards (MDF), Gilson W.A.L.L.O.P Ultimate Final V2 loudspeakers, uranium cable loom (mercury vapour upgrade), hysterical research and Dr Mike Amera room treatments-flock wallpaper, yergota bee-joking cryofrozen fuses throughout

Digital system: cd player

I'm Shane.

The mystery remains!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Dave.

Helius made some arms for Heybrook.

I'm Shane.

Yes, those I remember. They were awful!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Dave.

Good arms, just poorly made.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Good arms, just poorly made.
    I've got the first model Helius arm. Seems well enough made to me. Not to 'shiny' Japanese standards maybe, but pretty decent. Not a bad arm either.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    The mystery remains!
    The other Heybrook arm I know of was made by Alphason. It was a bit of a mix of the Opal and Delta if I recall correctly.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Helius made the arm on the QED R232 turntable. Not seen one of those for a heck of a while.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast