I dumped a couple of thousand CDs over the past few of years. Ripped them all to hard drives using lossless transfers. I have to say I don't miss the CDs one bit.
I had been using Roon to bring Tidal and the local stored files together and I must say if it's meta data you crave then Roon seriously ticks that box. Also Roon is very stable, quick and slickly seamless.

I have a real connection with my vast Vinyl record collection and spend many hours referring to liner notes and joining the dots with the information gathered, or simply admiring the cover art.
I confess to having the odd sniff too! (weird?)

CDs never really held my love for long. I found that when I started collecting CDs years ago, the music reproduction was of pretty poor quality on quite a number of titles. This obviously improved a hell of a lot with remastered material later.
Those shitty plastic cases that always seemed to break the hinge lugs off. I hated faffing with them. The print was stupid point size too and as i got older I just couldn't read the bloody things.

I have to disagree with storing CDs too, they are horrid things to store properly. Yuk. remember those terrible CD tower contraptions, shit awful.
I kept a few in the car but they just got dished and scratched. What's more depressing than a heavily scratched CD!

I had a few obscure things on CD which were not available on Tidal and I held on to those discs but as the days pass I find more and more obscure
things on Tidal. That argument about being internet reliant is really weak...we are all reliant on some service for music reproduction, electricity being the obvious.

Dump and be free of the Evil Silver Discs... you'll not regret it.

I'll get my coat!

p.s
it has nowt to do with minimalist clutter free living, god that leaves me cold! I loves my 'stuff'.