+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've just sold 3000 CDs - and i don't care!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

I have just made sure that I have easy access to my collection on the shelves and nothing is double stacked. I have alphabetical divides backed up with a computer spreadsheet so I find something very quickly.

I had a period when I didnt know where stuff was and that was a nightmare. I kept saying to myself.... no point owning it if I cant find it.

So its just a case of getting organised and having proper shelves and strong cube shelving for vinyl. I cant see a problem unless its taking over much needed living space.

I am gradually ripping my charity shop cds but I will always keep my core collection. I have probably peaked around the level Im at

I dont buy many discs now. I only experiment if its 30p to a £1 Its got to be a damn good new album to get my money. I buy less now but I still like the idea of having my hard copy of a film or music.

The streaming idea hasnt really been sold to me. I keep thinking about a yearly subscription to a central style storage library but how do the artists get paid? They have to eat and some want to get rich through their efforts.

How does my affordable yearly subsciption cover the royalties on all the music I may like to listen to? I sometimes moan about the TV licence so you can see how that mentality could be carried over into paying for a music service. Its another bill I dont really want to see coming in even though it could provide me with much enjoyment.

Things are changing but I am quite sad about the decline of the cd. It was bound to happen as its just a form of digital 0+1s that can be done elsewhere. The library are not doing them now and she gave me a very odd look as if I need to get with the times daddy o

I do see a certain joy if the rise of the robots is done right. Play Bob Dylan Witmark demos while Im pouring a drink. My computer will be called Jennifer in the white minimalist room with a well placed sculpture
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 01-01-2018 at 15:01.

+ Reply to Thread