+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You'ce got to have some old Quad in the mix !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    Four ! Now that's just showing off ! . Actually you've just made be feel a bit less guilty, I've just bough an Amplabs fettled one which will arrive this week.
    Very important to at least to have a look at the four big can type capacitors near the mains transformer. If they leak they dump nasty stuff over the circuit boards, in later 303's like the bottom right one in my pic, Quad inverted the capacitors, this reduced the chance of electrolyte on the boards in the event of a capacitor leaking.

Be interested in seeing pics of your Amplab one.
    Spendorman

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Very important to at least to have a look at the four big can type capacitors near the mains transformer. If they leak they dump nasty stuff over the circuit boards, in later 303's like the bottom right one in my pic, Quad inverted the capacitors, this reduced the chance of electrolyte on the boards in the event of a capacitor leaking.

Be interested in seeing pics of your Amplab one.
    It was Quad serviced last November and the big caps were replaced. I'll post photos of the Amplabs one for sure.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    It was Quad serviced last November and the big caps were replaced. I'll post photos of the Amplabs one for sure.
    That's good, I wonder if they (probably Ken) turned them round so that connections point upwards.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread