I love it when they advertise new TVs.

WOW...look at that picture quality!

Aye....on your screen ya dafty!!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I love it when they advertise new TVs.

WOW...look at that picture quality!

Aye....on your screen ya dafty!!
    funny the speakers sound the same on my iPad as the do on headphones, that recorded on a video recorder or phone at a show sound.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Bob.

For me, they sounded much better when I tried listening on a small pair of JVC SP-UX7000's which are made of WOOD and driven by an Aiwa 40w amp compared to the cheap and plastic active Logitech speakers normally hooked up to my monitor.

Shows you what a bit of wood can do.................

I'm Geoff.

I put one of my mobiles in front of the PC speakers, then dialed my other mobile, so I could listen to this whilst walking around the house.

The sound quality was absolutely amazing........................................... ........ly bad!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Bob.

Made me laugh that one did..

I'm Neil.

Got to love (not) threads about kit no one has heard.
    Regards Neil

I'm Bob.

What are you saying, you haven't heard them, I have a couple of matched pairs here in my rented flat in Croydon, probably going to leave them behind when I move after Xmas, more trouble than they are worth.

Common as muck round here.

I'm Bob.

Did any one watch this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4

Off to the shops to get some Mupingo wood and some industrial diamonds to put my Cheviots on, sod it, nothing industrial for me, I am off to Ratners.

EDIT:

I think he is on to something there with his Mupingo discs mounted on sticks, we put up some Xmas decorations and the weekend and the room has disappeared sonically, it's as if the sound is just existing in free space.

EDIT:

If any one actually knows how you spell mupingo please let me know so I can corner the market in highly rare rain forest timber before he cuts it all down for it's useful purpose.
    Last edited by bobvfr; 11-12-2017 at 20:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12