+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Van Damme speaker cable with modern Exposure amplification?

I'm David.

Default Van Damme speaker cable with modern Exposure amplification?

Hey guys,

I need speaker cables from Exposure 3010s2 to PMC speakers. Trying to replicate the size of the original Exposure Speaker cable. Van Damme's UP-LCOFC HiFi cable seems to fit the bill with regards to replicating Exposure's construction (being shot gun style with separating sheathing). However what size should I get 2.5mm or 4mm or 6mm? Which size is closest to the Exposure speaker cable?

Thanks!

I'm Geoff.

I can't comment on Exposure cable David, but generally, the rule is regarded as being 'the bigger the better' with speaker cables, but there is no real reason to go thicker than 2.5mm in my opinion.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Can't comment on the others but I've been using the 4mm for a while,good quality for not silly money
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Craig.

FWIW,
    I had 6mm Van Damme Cable some time back, before Gazjam made a recommendation to me, that Talk Cable 3 was superior, so I swapped the VD out, and it truly was/is superior.
    Now, and this isn’t a sales ploy, I have a 2 metre terminated pair for sale.
    Take a peep in the classifieds and tell me what you think.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Grant.

its good stuff the talk 3
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Talk 3 is excellent. I sell a lot of it and at £4/mtr it is incredible value for money. You can easily pay £100/mtr for very similar but with fancy packaging and marketing..

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    FWIW,
    I had 6mm Van Damme Cable some time back, before Gazjam made a recommendation to me, that Talk Cable 3 was superior, so I swapped the VD out, and it truly was/is superior.
    Now, and this isn’t a sales ploy, I have a 2 metre terminated pair for sale.
    Take a peep in the classifieds and tell me what you think.
    Was it the Van Damme HiFi, or the other thick PVC insulated stuff?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Was it the Van Damme HiFi, or the other thick PVC insulated stuff?
    It was the 6mm Blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Deleted.

The 4mm is what the Exposure is (also Linn K20, Naim NacA4 and A5).
    Account Deleted

I'm Tony.

I use the VD 4MM Hifi cable and its fine...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

+ Reply to Thread