+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 Common Audiophile Mistakes

I'm tony.

My son dropped me at the physio the other day and took his yamaha acoustic to be re stringed.

Guy asked for half an hour-the wee fella popped into loud and clear -smashin hi fi dealer in Glasgow.

Matt talks fluent hi fi pish so was ushered down to the sound proofed tae fuck cellar and played with a moon 12k system.

He came back listened to his crofts/seg/frugels.....

he aint too disappointed-as Marco often says---trust yer ears!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    My son dropped me at the physio the other day and took his yamaha acoustic to be re stringed
    How much does he get charged?
    It's easy to do for himself

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Dennis.

Why is something 'the pants' if it is bad?

And what does 'Wassup guys' mean please.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Why is something 'the pants' if it is bad?

And what does 'Wassup guys' mean please.
    Come on Dennis. These 'colloquialisms', I suppose they may be called, have been around for generations. You must have come across them, surely?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Come on Dennis. These 'colloquialisms', I suppose they may be called, have been around for generations. You must have come across them, surely?
    Don't call him Shirley.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    How much does he get charged?
    It's easy to do for himself

something he should definitely be doing himself. It's like people taking a bicycle to the shop to get a new tube fitted.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm tony.

He had not picked one up for a couple of years.

He got the guy to check the neck and put in three strings £25 if memory serves.

Heard him crank up his orange amps and play his telecaster the other night.....music to my ears.

I'm Dennis.

From Paul;
    "some of your long drawn out posts put me to sleep Dennis, the polar opposite "

It is worth noting that when we value judge things we define ourselves.

From Geoff;
    "Come on Dennis. These 'colloquialisms', I suppose they may be called, have been around for generations. You must have come across them, surely? "

Yes I have, but I genuinely do not, and have never have understood these, I tend to the school of clear, accurate and coherent communications, these necessary particularly in the scientific and engineering worlds, and beneficial generally unless one is trying to hide one's thoughts.

I'm Russell.

I live in the US and I agree that the use of the English language has gone down hill sharply in the past generation. High school graduates that do not know the difference in the There/their/they’re, to/too/two,etc. and those that use curse words in supposedly respectable publications, or abbreviations of curse words? As if that makes it ok as long as they didn’t spell it out. WTF? For example. People don’t realize it compromises the point they are trying to make, when they sound uneducated. I suppose to others who’s English is no better, it sounds perfectly normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Colloquial English is, and always has been, an inherent part of the language.

There is nothing wrong with it.

If you were writing a dissertation, a report or a research paper or anything formal or semi-formal then it is obviously out of place. For any other communication it is perfectly acceptable.

WRT 'bad language', or as the Americans so archaically put it, 'curse words', I wonder if it ever occurs to those who complain about them that it is their very complaints that give those words their power?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast