+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD: ZYX R100 low version

I'm Slav.

P/x possible , Zyx R50 H (165 hours of use , inspected by GT Audio and not used since) , Benz Ace Micro SL ( bought with less than 300 hours , I put so far less than 100 hours on it- recently inspected by Peak-HiFi , stylus pics available) to choose from
    Last edited by mac72; 10-12-2017 at 10:23.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    From what I've read, the Yatra is a different beast to the R100 2. Do some research before parting with your cash to be sure, likely hood being that a 100 2 will pop up as soon as you've bought something else 藍

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Tanks for advice
    I see ZYX R-100-02H this in UK shop for £850 new
    Big question is ZYX has reviews that fit my basket but sub £1000 cartridge would be so much better than the Elitte I am using to be worth the expenditure
    Should I do same overtime and wait till I got the £4500 for the ultimate ? or get a second hand Universe 1 for about that ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Tanks for advice
    I see ZYX R-100-02H this in UK shop for £850 new
    Big question is ZYX has reviews that fit my basket but sub £1000 cartridge would be so much better than the Elitte I am using to be worth the expenditure
    Should I do same overtime and wait till I got the £4500 for the ultimate ? or get a second hand Universe 1 for about that ?
    The only advice I can give is that usually in most ranges there is a sweet spot between cost and performance. I'd imagine that as most have settled around the R100 level, that would indicate it's a very good cart for the money. I've heard a R100 and it is very good. Whether it's worth doing some OT to buy further up the range, I couldn't tell you having never gone that far up the ZYX Ladder.

If the lower priced carts are an indication of what's to come, it could be very rewarding.

I'm jamie.

Yeah I thought that when I bought the cadenza black
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Yeah I thought that when I bought the cadenza black
    Lol, yeah, things don't always go to plan. Something will always let you down in expectation or knock you sideways when it over achieves.

Best cartridge I've owned in recent times is the Decca. Modestly priced, superb performer. The sweet spot, as it were.

I'm Slav.

I spoke to them on Saturday , unfortunately there is only high output version available.
    I heard R100-02 on couple occasions and is definitely worth it's money , bit different to R50 , more detail not shy in the bass neither

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    I spoke to them on Saturday , unfortunately there is only high output version available.
    I heard R100-02 on couple occasions and is definitely worth it's money , bit different to R50 , more detail not shy in the bass neither
    I have one. It's different in presentation to the regular R100, which I also own. The sounds is 'faster' and tighter, a bit like a Decca, but it's a bigger sound (to me). Detail is very highly resolved. Nothing 'rose tinted' or soft about this one. It's just very accurate and uncoloured!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Slav.

I'm sorted now , thanks for all input guys

I'm Slav.

And searching for one again , Yatra I bought must've sat in the box for too long as channel separation was really poor , I had to tilt it so much to get 25.5dB that it looked scary .
    Spoke to GT they said it could improve with time but didn't want to take the risk.
    R100-02 preferably but would consider low hours Yatra- no re-tips sorry .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12