+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For sale/swap: Audio Note Dac 3 1x (old version), black,

I'm Peter.

Default For sale/swap: Audio Note Dac 3 1x (old version), black,

To avoid inconvenience - please note that I am located in Aarhus, Denmark and any swap will have you ship your kit to Denmark.
    -----------------

I have decided to yield to my urge to buy a valve power amp to complement the Quad ESL 57s that I will receive from PFM member iansr in two weeks' time.

Wanted: valve power amp with at least 10 watts per channel - Leak, JC Verdier, EAR Yoshino, Deckware, Audio Note, Shindo, Radford - did I forget any major brands ...?

So ... for straight sale or swap, I offer the following Audio Note kit (Audio Note Dac 3 1x (old version) + Audio Note CDT-Zero transport (old)):

-------------------------------

(1) For sale or swap is my 'OLD' valve Audio Note DAC 3 upgraded to 1x. The serial number is D3-553 1x, according to the AN model sticker. The writing directly on the bottom of the case confirms this. It has the AD 1865 chip, tops out at 24/96, has two coax connectors (RCA + BMC), and sounds much better than you expect. It is the black acryllic front version.

In Peter Q's words,
    "It is an early DAC3 that has had a 1x oversampling upgrade, but not had the analogue filters removed and the I/V interface reset. A modern DAC2.1x is better but also more expensive. If you go to Audio Consult [" Danish Audio Note dealer] they can remove the filters and reset the I/V." The cost of this has been confirmed to be 150£/1500 DKK.

It is in full working order, looks vg - no scratches or dents. I would like to recover what I paid a year ago. Only selling to fund valve power amp.

900£ including shipping to the UK / EU countries from DENMARK. I will double box.

(2) For 250£ extra I will include a nice Audio Note transport whose laser unit was recently repaired and checked (I have the receipt): Audio Note CDT-Zero (old version), black, in vg condition. This will be double-boxed with the DA3 1x and shipped for a total of 1100£ to an address near you in the EU. This will give you very good and full-sounding CD-replay.

Audio Note DAC 3 1x a few more photos:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HI?usp=sharing

Audio Note CDT-Zero photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FZ...ew?usp=sharing
    If this unit is of interest, I will send more photos to your email address.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 10-12-2017 at 20:41.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    To avoid inconvenience - please note that I am located in Aarhus, Denmark and any swap will have you ship your kit to Denmark.
    -----------------

I have decided to yield to my urge to buy a valve power amp to complement the Quad ESL 57s that I will receive from iansr in two weeks' time. Wanted: valve power amp with at least 10 watts per channel - Leak, JC Verdier, EAR, Deckware, Audio Note, Shindo, Radford - did I forget any major brands ...?

So ... for straight sale or swap, I offer the following Audio Note kit (Audio Note Dac 3 1x (old version) + Audio Note CDT-Zero transport (old)):
    (1) For sale or swap is my 'OLD' valve Audio Note DAC 3 upgraded to 1x. The serial number is D3-553 1x, according to the AN model sticker. The writing directly on the bottom of the case confirms this. It has the AD 1865 chip, tops out at 24/96, has two coax connections, and sounds much better than you expect. It is the black acryllic front version.

In Peter Q's words,
    "It is an early DAC3 that has had a 1x oversampling upgrade, but not had the analogue filters removed and the I/V interface reset. A modern DAC2.1x is better but also more expensive. If you go to Audio Consult [" Danish Audio Note dealer] they can remove the filters and reset the I/V." The cost of this has been confirmed to be 150£/1500 DKK.

It is in full working order, looks vg - no scratches or dents. I would like to recover what I paid a year ago. Only selling to fund valve power amp.

1100£ / 1250€ / 9300 DKK including shipping to the UK / EU countries from DENMARK.

(2) For 250£ extra I will include a nice Audio Note transport whose laser unit was recently repaired and checked (I have the receipt): Audio Note CDT-Zero (old version), black, in vg condition. This will be double-boxed with the DA3 1x and shipped for a total of 1350£ 1535€ / 11425 DKK to an address near you in the EU. This will give you very good and full-sounding CD-replay.

Audio Note DAC 3 1x photos:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HI?usp=sharing

Audio Note CDT-Zero photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FZ...ew?usp=sharing
    If this unit is of interest, I will send more photos to your email address.
    Peter you need to embed photos into the sale/swap ad so they show as per the rules of this section. I will give you a little time to comply. thanks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

you need to get photos hosted on a site or use tapatalk etc. if you send them to me i will do it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Price adjustment:
    Both units shipped to the EU - 1100£.
    Individual price for the Audio Note DAC 3 1x (old) - shipped to the EU - 900£.

I'm Martin.

In Peter Q's words,

Was this work actually carried out?
    Do you know what the output voltage is as I have a particularly sensitive pre?
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Peter.

EDITED:

The Peter Qvortup quote states what is in Audio Note UK's records. EDIT: the DAC is a standard DAC 3 that has been upgraded to 1x status.

As for output voltage: it is 2-3 volts according to the Danish AN dealer.

It does not have other upgrades than stated in the advert.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 12-12-2017 at 13:30.

I'm Peter.

It is a standard upgraded old version Audo Note Dac 3 1x. It may be upgraded substantially, however not to the Balanced Audio Note Dac 3 level due to cabinet constraints. But it is still a very sweet-sounding DAC that can be made quite a lot better. Actually 1500£ better. That is how many upgrades are possible with this quality DAC.

Output: 2-3 volts.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 12-12-2017 at 20:43.

I'm Peter.

Upwardly mobile

I'm Peter.

Moving gently to the top.

I'm Peter.

Now I am interested in a straight sale only because I have just bought an EAR 869 that I will receive in the New Year.

No one is tempted by this sweet DAC that may be upgraded to a much better unit. As it is now, it sounds lovely and much better than it has any right to:

Last edited by Rosewind; 21-12-2017 at 23:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast