+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

I'm Brian.

Default Greetings

Hi All

Been following AOS forum for a year now and thought I'd join in

I live in sunny South Africa and Ive been into Audio from since I was a kid, my Dad brought me up on Vinyl, he used to get very excited when a new album was released. I remember going with him to purchase them, it was like going to get a new toy the excitement was so much.. and well the bug bit and here I am.

My music tastes vary a lot, but I love electronic music, acoustic and female vocal but I'm pretty much open to any style of music that stirs my emotions. On the equipment side I like a mixture of warmth and detail and absolutely detest bright edgy sounding gear! I currently have two systems that I play between, a bookshelf setup for my small room and a floorstanding setup in my lounge. I've been having lots of fun over the last three years trying out as much different equipment I can in my second setup which I like to use as my testing ground, my main setup I try to leave be except for the odd upgrade here and there..

I have a special love for Sonus Faber speakers after hearing a pair a few years ago, and recently I've fallen in love with tubes which has opened up a whole new world for me and pairing the Sonus with the tube amp has brought me the closet I've gotten to my dream sound.

My setup consists of:

Main Setup:

Sonus Faber Luito Towers
    Cayin A55TP AMP
    Mede8er as my source
    Van Den Hul Cables

2nd System:

ProAc Responsec1SC
    Audio Analogue Fortissimo Amp
    Sony Blu Ray Player as my source
    Van Den Hul Cables

I'm Grant.

Welcome aboard. Some nice gear there. On my phone so didn't catch your name. Hope to see you around
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Brian. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you have.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your Hi-Fi system.

There's plenty going on here, so just join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Brian.

Thanks guys.

I'm a bargain hunter and I managed to put both systems together at a lot less than buying new.. I had to be patient and wait for bargains to appear on the local forum in SA, it has taken me 4 years of trying out different gear before settling on the above, my most recent purchase was the Audio Analogue Fortissimo, I had the Cresendo which is the baby brother before but I wanted more power. I seem to have an affinity for Italian hifi equipment, they are passionate and it shows in there products.

My future plans are to upgrade my source, I'm enjoying the digital side of things but have yet to be convinced that these expensive high end streamers are worth the cash, I would love a Pioneer N50 or Cambridge Audio CXN but the prices are to high and I prefer using an external HD and these don't seem to work smoothly with external drives. I'm considering the Auralic Aries Mini but we don't have an agent for them in SA which puts me off. Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with my system and I want to get back into collecting music which is what got me into HiFi in the first place.

Currently music wise I'm enjoying Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble, Lisa Mitchell & Joanna Newsome, I also just found an artist called Ray Lamantagne which I can't stop playing.

+ Reply to Thread