+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auction of quality HIFI on the 12th

I'm peter.

Default Auction of quality HIFI on the 12th

Hi all i just thought members may be interested in the following auction on the 12/12/ www.bellmans.co.uk under the toy auction pages 20 to 24, there is a lot of quality HIFi for sale,
    Please note the fees charged ,
    also AOS has nothing to do with the above site ,
    The auction is in winchester , you can arrange to have stuff picked up by mailboxes, this is a proper auction and not an eBay one , and normaly only dealers will know about this auction ,
    included in the auction , 2 gyro decks , kora tube amps, sme 1V and 309 , 3009 , quad amps, leak amps, and lot more ,leave the Keith monks it is mine all mine lol
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 08-12-2017 at 16:02.

I'm Martin.

Loads of lovely stuff, Radfords, Garrards, Luxman, vintage Maggies, even an SP10. Well worth a look, the hi-fi starts here: https://www.bellmans.co.uk/sales/win...c2017/?page=21
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm peter.

yes i no it is in the wrong auction , hence no reserve and no guide prices, the auction is for some ones estate , i have spoken to them and they dont no any pricesas it is just the toys they normanally deal with , so i did not want it to go all to dealers, you can bid on the day or leave a bid on their site, or use thesaleroom.com to live bid , but the fees are higher , please note this is a proper auction and the final bid will have a fee added , i have noting to do with this , it is a true buyer beware Auction , no paypal ,just cash and credit cards,

I'm Martin.

Yes, nice one Peter. There is a lot of quality kit there that is worth a punt.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

im in!
    cheers for the link
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Adam.

Mrs. B and I are shopping in Winchester tomorrow, so I shall be popping along to have a look round.

In the spirit of good karma, I might even tell them that the platter that is clearly missing from the Dual CS-5000 in Lot 556 can be found in Lot 613!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm peter.

Hi Adam if you get chance can you let us no how you got on , cheers

I'm Mike.

I'm down the road in Brighton, but you gotta remember, 22% buyers premium, 20 % VAT, that's 42% on top of whatever you bid, for sold unseen, don't think I'll bother.

I'm mark.

Just had a quick read of the terms, sellers pay 15% + Vat + £5, buyers pay 20% + Vat.

And we complain about eBay !!

Unless I've missed something, aren't they collecting VAT twice, or is it + vat on their fees?

I'm peter.

i think you will find the vat is in the fee , it normaly works out about 20% , all in , but as i said at the begining this is not a ebay auction if you can buy a sme 4 arms for the price of one and pay the 20% is that a good deal , ? or is it just the dealers that dont complane and then add afurther 50% on top of what thye have paid,The buyer's premium is 22% (26.4% including VAT) if the item has a (*) there is vat added , so you have to watch out for the star on the lot you are bidding on ,

5. VAT. (*) indicates that VAT is payable by the purchaser at the standard rate (presently 20%) on the hammer price as well as being an element in the buyer’s premium. This imposition of VAT is likely to be because the seller is registered for VAT within the European Union and is not operating the Dealers Margin Scheme or because VAT is due at 20% on importation into the UK. The double symbol (**) indicates that the lot has been imported from outside the European Union and the present position is that these lots are liable to a reduced rate of VAT (5%) on the gross lot price (i.e. both the hammer price and the buyer’s premium).Lots which appear without either of the above symbols indicate that no VAT is payable on the hammer price. This is because such lots are sold using the Auctioneers’ Margin Scheme and it should be noted that the VAT included within the Premium is not recoverable as input tax.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast