+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from sunny Stafford UK

I'm Malcolm.

Default Hi from sunny Stafford UK

My name is Malcolm, I am a hifiolic.

My system are an odd-ball collection, mainly due to acute life-long lack of spare money. My 'main' system being a Rega P2 turntable fitted with a glass turntable (I can hear the difference). The cartridge is a Shure 97xe. This feeds a Douglas Self designed Elektor 2012 low noise preamp. This then goes to a power amp consisting of modified 'quad 405' boards (from Ebay). Speakers are Celestion DL4's or Dalesford D's (circa 1977). There are other bits, including a Wireless World FM tuner I assembled circa 1975.

I listen to pre 90's stuff, Jethro Tull, Supertramp and similar with bits of classical thrown in. I am learning Ukulele.

Not much else to say really, now to post the one comment I have about Dalesford D's.

Bye for now....

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by malbee View Post
    My name is Malcolm, I am a hifiolic.

My system are an odd-ball collection, mainly due to acute life-long lack of spare money. My 'main' system being a Rega P2 turntable fitted with a glass turntable (I can hear the difference). The cartridge is a Shure 97xe. This feeds a Douglas Self designed Elektor 2012 low noise preamp. This then goes to a power amp consisting of modified 'quad 405' boards (from Ebay). Speakers are Celestion DL4's or Dalesford D's (circa 1977). There are other bits, including a Wireless World FM tuner I assembled circa 1975.

I listen to pre 90's stuff, Jethro Tull, Supertramp and similar with bits of classical thrown in. I am learning Ukulele.

Not much else to say really, now to post the one comment I have about Dalesford D's.

Bye for now....
    Hi Malcolm,

Another midland/Staffordshire member to the forum!

Have some DL6s (slightly bigger than the 4s) in a garage system and they do like to party! Lovely speakers from celestion.

Welcome!

Oliver.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Hello Malcolm. Welcome to AOS.

I think many of us have somewhat 'oddball' systems. And a few Dalesford users here.

Tell us if you have any future plans for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly!

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread