+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raising Tannoy's above ground level

I'm Bob.

In reply to a couple of points raised in the thread.

I have no issues with the current sound of my speakers.

I am aware of the shape of the current plinth and that the shape could be for acoustic reasons and would take that into account when building the extended plinth.

My reason for this idea was more to do with the height of the speakers in relationship to my 65in TV that sits in between them, and no I couldn't have them sloping, and as mentioned earlier DC Tannoy's are as far as I am concerned, the least directionally worried speakers.

If I get an improvement in sound as a bonus I will let you know.

But this could be some time in the future as I am half way through my house purchase, then I have to build my new garage/workshop/man den, and then I can make the plinths.

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post
    In reply to a couple of points raised in the thread.

I have no issues with the current sound of my speakers.

I am aware of the shape of the current plinth and that the shape could be for acoustic reasons and would take that into account when building the extended plinth.

My reason for this idea was more to do with the height of the speakers in relationship to my 65in TV that sits in between them, and no I couldn't have them sloping, and as mentioned earlier DC Tannoy's are as far as I am concerned, the least directionally worried speakers.

If I get an improvement in sound as a bonus I will let you know.

But this could be some time in the future as I am half way through my house purchase, then I have to build my new garage/workshop/man den, and then I can make the plinths.
    Well its been sometime ...and i trust you've completed your house purchase and built your new garage/workshop/man den by now ...? so did you ever make the plinths ? and if you have what have you found ? ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12