+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Do what I do.... Save them all up, including all the other shite you're sent, menus, etc, then shove it inside one (or more) of the prepaid envelopes you get from the repeated (unwanted) loan applications you're sent, and post the lot them!

I'm sure they enjoy that.

Marco.
    Maybe when I retire and I've got time hanging heavy on my hands. At the moment it all goes straight in the bin. I cleared up a huge pile of it out of the porch just two weeks ago today and there is already another huge pile in there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

And don't get me started on the credit card and loan applications. They only seem to want to lend money to people who don't need to borrow money. How does that work?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Maybe when I retire and I've got time hanging heavy on my hands. At the moment it all goes straight in the bin. I cleared up a huge pile of it out of the porch just two weeks ago today and there is already another huge pile in there.
    I'm retired and I'm not that bored yet. Junk mail just sits on top of the meter cupboard in the porch, then gets added to the recycling bin on a Thursday. What's weird is that we're still getting junk mail addressed to the couple we bought the house from, twenty-five years ago.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Maybe when I retire and I've got time hanging heavy on my hands.
    Lol - it doesn't exactly take long! Trust me, it's far more satisfying that just chucking it in the bin.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm retired and I'm not that bored yet. Junk mail just sits on top of the meter cupboard in the porch, then gets added to the recycling bin on a Thursday. What's weird is that we're still getting junk mail addressed to the couple we bought the house from, twenty-five years ago.
    So do I. 20 years I've been here and the last people still get mail. I saved it for them for the first couple of years, there was a carrier bag full. Then one day I spotted them visiting a neighbour down the road. You'd think they would knock on and see if there was any post for them but they didn't bother so I binned it all and still do.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm retired and I'm not that bored yet.
    The problem isn't one of boredom, it's that Martin and you are interminably lazy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

The problem isn't one of boredom, it's that Martin and you are interminably lazy!

Marco.
    That's certainly true of me, but AFAIK Martin works quite hard.

I'm Steve.

And don't get me started on the credit card and loan applications. They only seem to want to lend money to people who don't need to borrow money. How does that work?
    It's the nature of banks isn't it? They're happy to lend you an umbrella while the sun is shining, but when the rain comes they want it back.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Marco.
    Oh I'm lazy too, I could be lazy for England, got medals and everything, but I'm also simple minded and this looks like fun.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    That would be your postie, we get the joy of delivering them almost every week
    And what's more, you know where we live!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast