+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's already started - life is becoming difficult for those who do not have a smartphone. So most use a smartphone; and having one is just as good; Big Brother knows where you are, and what you are talking about (especially if you use the internet and on-line shopping).
    Even I have one now. It's never switched on though .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

i always forget to take mine out with me so as far as Big Brother is concerned I'm just sat at home.

Not that he would give a toss what I was doing in any case. Maybe if they actually charged me with a crime but then they would have to request the data formally through a central office (I know because I used to be the one giving them the data). And if I was innocent it might help prove that of course.

Do people really fantasise that there is a whole army of spooks in some underground bunker at GCHQ listening to their conversation with Aunty Maud, or tracking them when they nip down the shop for a pint of milk? I think they been watching too much telly.

If you look at a real authoritarian/ fascist regime like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany they relied on other people dobbing you in - neighbours, acquaintances, work colleagues. Now that was a system that actually worked. Tens of thousands got hauled away on someone's say so. After that everyone kept their mouths shut and their heads down.
    No need for any fancy tracking or smartphones.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Do people really fantasise that there is a whole army of spooks in some underground bunker at GCHQ listening to their conversation with Aunty Maud, or tracking them when they nip down the shop for a pint of milk? I think they been watching too much telly..
    I don't know about fantasy. There are still electronic surveillance aircraft flying over London and have been for years. Whether that occurs over other areas, I couldn't say. It has never been stated what is being listened for, but it surely doesn't take too much imagination to guess.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

TV licence men lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't know about fantasy. There are still electronic surveillance aircraft flying over London and have been for years. Whether that occurs over other areas, I couldn't say. It has never been stated what is being listened for, but it surely doesn't take too much imagination to guess.
    I'd guess counter-terrorism but they could just be training exercises.

It's the idea that they are routinely spying on the ordinary population that amuses me. The resources required would be enormous and what is there to gain?

if anything there is less surveillance now than in the past. No coppers on the beat and people tend to shut their doors and not get involved as opposed to reporting every minor infraction to the authorities. It's never been easier to remain anonymous, at least in a city or large town.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

there are a few countries that spy on their population all the time. you know who

doh, thats the door!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd guess counter-terrorism but they could just be training exercises
    More here.

https://www.secret-bases.co.uk/cia-rendition.htm

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This is what came up when I clicked on the link:

Access Forbidden!
    Your IP address
    has been logged because
    of suspicious activity

Try using another browser

Reason(s):

Visits from
    Windows XP
    are not allowed

If you think this
    is an error, email:–
    enquiries@secret-bases.co.uk.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    This is what came up when I clicked on the link:

Access Forbidden!
    Your IP address
    has been logged because
    of suspicious activity

Try using another browser

Reason(s):

Visits from
    Windows XP
    are not allowed

If you think this
    is an error, email:–
    enquiries@secret-bases.co.uk.
    And I get this:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031