+ Reply to Thread

Thread: modded pioneer precision cd player

I'm paul.

Default modded pioneer precision cd player

hi all
    selling this modded pioneer precision pds505.
    i must add this was not modded by me,it was brought this way but its in full working order and quite a nice looking example (slight little nick on top of facia,but not really noticeable )and complete with the elusive remote that many seem not to come with
    ill stick up some internal pictures up after this post for all to see as ive reached my quota on this post.
    P1050490.jpgP1050492.jpgP1050495.jpgP1050499.jpgP1050488.jpg

£145 plus £20 postage...sorry for dear postage but i dont have a printer for the cheaper options on line,of course your more then welcome to arrange your own pickup.

more pictures and info to follow
    regards
    paul
    Last edited by smithie; 07-12-2017 at 20:12.

I'm paul.

the mods seem to consist of replacement capacitors,which is understandable i guess as the fundamental mods have already been done by tom evens for pioneer,hence the precision name
    from what i can see we have a mundorf mlytic,nichicon goldtunes and elna cerafine complete with some polyprops in the main power supply.
    on the main board we have a selection of silmic2, oscons,cerafines and panasonic fms.
    hopefully the pictures will help.
    P1050484.jpgP1050485.jpgP1050486.jpgP1050487.jpgP1050489.jpg

its certainly had some money spent on it judging by the quality of capacitors used,even if your not into capacitor sound quality making a difference school of thought at least whoever buys it will know its been recently recapped
    i certainly cant fault its sound quality in my system,but the main big plus with these players are they seem to play any cd without fuss no matter how scratched or iffy (within reason of course) and of course they act as killer transports with a nice dac....ok sales pitch over

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    i certainly cant fault its sound quality in my system,but the main big plus with these players are they seem to play any cd without fuss no matter how scratched or iffy (within reason of course) and of course they act as killer transports with a nice dac....ok sales pitch over
    I'd agree. I have two of them and they're staying. Mine are used as transports and sound excellent. They sound very good as a stand alone player.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    the mods seem to consist of replacement capacitors,which is understandable i guess as the fundamental mods have already been done by tom evens for pioneer,hence the precision name
    from what i can see we have a mundorf mlytic,nichicon goldtunes and elna cerafine complete with some polyprops in the main power supply.
    on the main board we have a selection of silmic2, oscons,cerafines and panasonic fms.
    hopefully the pictures will help.
    P1050484.jpgP1050485.jpgP1050486.jpgP1050487.jpgP1050489.jpg

its certainly had some money spent on it judging by the quality of capacitors used,even if your not into capacitor sound quality making a difference school of thought at least whoever buys it will know its been recently recapped
    PM sent
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    PM sent
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hi steve
    sorry for delay...pm replied to.

I'm nigel.

But....
    How do you keep that Lenco dust free?

I can virtually write my name on my kit after a couple of days.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    But....
    How do you keep that Lenco dust free?

I can virtually write my name on my kit after a couple of days.
    lol
    i feel and know your pain,
    the picture was taken 5 mins after a quick polish up,otherwise it would be looking exactly the same as yours no doubt....whats more i hate polishing and dusting
    having a big 50" plasma tv and the heat involved in that doesnt help matters much either

I'm paul.

......now sold...sold....sold.
    many thanks steve

+ Reply to Thread