+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: A few headshells and cartridges

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: A few headshells and cartridges

Trying to have a bit of a clear out and offset some of the christmas spending!
    All prices include UK second class delivery.

Sony SH-150 H Magnesium headshell with azimuth adjustment, leads and tags - £35:

If you would like a Sony cartridge to go with it, I can offer a VL-32G or a VM-266 (the best match aesthetically). Both supplied with an unused aftermarket stylus. £25 each:

Sony PS-LX Headshell. This has the mini arm connector and is used on a variety of Sony decks. This is the metal version where you can change the cartridge. It is supplied with the original XL 15A cartridge and ND 15A Stylus. Stylus is of indeterminate age / condition. Tip doesn't look too bad but there is corrosion on the cantilever. Looks straight. I make no guarantee of how well it plays! £25:

Pioneer Headshell - possibly from a PL-112D? Metal, good condition but the finger lift is not original (fits fine though). £20:

I'm gerald.

sorry for the dumb question but how does the azimuth adjustment work ?

I'm Geoff.

Azimuth is about keeping the stylus point aimed at the bottom of the record groove and not tilted to one side or the other.

As opposed to VTA (vertical tracking angle), which determines the vertical angle of the stylus when viewed from the side. i.e., cartridge body level to the record or adjusted by raising or lowering the tonearm to alter the 'angle of attack' so to speak.

Apology for intruding on your sale thread Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gerald.

sorry I ment on the first headshell?

Bigman80 Guest

It will have a little screw you can slacken to rotate the headshell.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It will have a little screw you can slacken to rotate the headshell.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    What he said. There is a screw that clamps the shell to the plug, so you can undo it and change their relative angle.

I'm Andrew.

The Pioneer is the type as fitted to the PL-550.

The Sony is an excellent piece of kit imo I've one coming for Christmas or I'd bite your hand off Geoff. That's a great price for it.

I'm Adam.

Could I take the Sony headshell please? I have a Sony deck with a distinctly headshell-shaped gap at the end of the arm!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Adam. Yes, of course. Which one was it you wanted?

I'm Adam.

Ha - sorry, Geoff, that would help, wouldn't it?! It's the SH -150H I'd like, please.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast