+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying flac albums

I'm Bob.

Default Buying flac albums

I have realised that there may come a time when I have tried several second-hand CD shops that finding just the one particular album is going to be harder than I thought.

I was using Groove music and have bought a few albums but they were in MP3 format and although OK, not up to .flac format.

So does anyone buy .flac format albums online, any recommendations as to web sites.

If you purchase an album can you copy it to other devices?

All help appreciated.

I'm Mike.

I buy lots of Electronic music from Bandcamp.com - you can listen prior to purchase via 128kb streams and buy in WAV, FLAC, AAC or MP3 format. Once bought you also get unlimited streaming of same album. The also sell CDs and LPs.

They list most genres not just Electronic.

I'm Grant.

I get my John prine stuff from Bandcamp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

A colleague of mine is getting a portable hi res player for Christmas and was looking at sits that sold hi res music. There are a few listed on the Sony UK website in the hifi section. Quite expensive to buy a whole album, around £30. If you have a TT it could be worth checking out the album you are looking for on vinyl as with some record labels you also get a download code for the hi res files included and the cost of the record and the files is about the same as just buying the hi res files. Bit of a shame that not all record labels do it.
    ~Paul~

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Bandcamp also for me, CDBaby used to do FLAC, but for some (very) annoying reason they have withdrawn this and no only offer 320kbps .mp3, so they lost a customer

I'm not really interested in HD Tracks, too expensive and often they sound no better than Red Book and I'm happy with Red Book.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Rob.

I buy FLAC from Qobuz, Linn Records, and Presto Classical
    Rob.