+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipment layout advice

I'm gerald.

Default Equipment layout advice

Looking on advice moving my kit to a Ikea lack unit been in the lucky position that my sytem now consits of the following
    custom SL1210,Creek evo cd player ,Passive preamp,custom built valve phono stage with seperate power supply ,Recased Time step power supply ,Beresford DAC TC-7510 mk6 with Little Pinkie 12v PSU,Music fidelity X-can headphone amp.

I am also having a pair of valve monoblock being built at present by the same friend who built the following (Passive preamp,custom built valve phono stage with seperate power supply ,Recased Time step power supply) mates rates and favour`s also called in so not much money has changed hands
    The deck is going on the top shelf then the mono blocks underneath the other side of the lack unit will house everything else ,So I looking for advice on Do`s and Dont`s of what to place where items go would it be better to have one shelf for all the seperate power supplies ?
    All power leads being swapped from sy cable to cy cable and will be short runs once I`m happy with the placement of all the kit also going to shorten all phono leads as well all leads that cross will be done at a 90 degree`s

Any tip`s,trick`sand pic`s would be much appreciated .

I'm Andrew.

Power supplies as far from kit as possible, one shelf for all sounds a plan.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on cable length unless they are crazy long.
    If it looks neat it'll probably sound neat too.

I'm Neil.

What floor do you have (suspended wooden / concrete), and how close is your speaker to your rack?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm gerald.

Concreate floor aand carpet set up is about 7feet away in a 6x8 alcove

I'm Andrew.

Have you a gallery thread Gerald? Some interesting kit you've got there.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Concreate floor aand carpet set up is about 7feet away in a 6x8 alcove
    In that case I wouldn't really worry.

...I only needed to decouple my system because a) I have a suspended wooden floor that 'sings' and b) one of my speakers is less than 50cm from the HiFi rack. Two areas where you might want to experiment are decoupling your valve amp, and decoupling your turntable i.e. by using Sorbothane.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Stephen.

Try to keep your mono-blocs as far from each other as possible to avoid cross-talk and them affecting each other's performance. Place them close to the speakers, it works wonders too, as it keeps the speaker cables short, allowing them a greater authority on the drive units movements, improved damping factor.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by weetabix View Post
    Try to keep your mono-blocs as far from each other as possible to avoid cross-talk and them affecting each other's performance. Place them close to the speakers, it works wonders too, as it keeps the speaker cables short, allowing them a greater authority on the drive units movements, improved damping factor.
    How does the distance between two Monoblocks effect crosstalk?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

For the same reason you keep distance between source and amplifier I suppose.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    How does the distance between two Monoblocks effect crosstalk?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Its like naughty kids, split them up and the behave....
    Last edited by Mixc; 05-12-2017 at 18:34.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast