+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question - ECC88 and other related valve

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by SW1X View Post
    Greetings,

While military gold pin E88C made by Tesla are nice valves, there are better valves that match the character of the DAC I, in my book. I could highly recommend the Russian 6N6P valves from the late 50s or early 60s with a square getter made by Foton factory. Those valves have the most gorgeous, sonorous & full mid that I heard from a low/mid mu, noval format tubes.

The other less relaxed alternative would be the 6N1P from the 60s or 6N5P from the late 50s. Those valves have a very dynamic sound character in our circuit and have nice and full mid bass.

S
    I have actually ordered a pair of the 6n6P Fotons from the 60's that you previously recommended and am eagerly awaiting their arrival and have promised to share findings
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Slawa.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    I have actually ordered a pair of the 6n6P Fotons from the 60's that you previously recommended and am eagerly awaiting their arrival and have promised to share findings
    Sure, I hope that you will be pleased with the results. Please bear in mind that like everything else in audio it is a matter of careful matching with the rest of the system.

S
    SW1X Audio DesignTM ... Finest Audio Components ... Designed and Handcrafted in England
    www.SW1XAD.co.uk

I'm gerald.

Not nos valves but Im loving the JJ ecc88 in my phono stage I had them from www.hotroxuk.com brilliant advice and service from them , My mate waiting on a mixed box of Russian Nos military valves on the way should be interesting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123