+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Decca Gold Cartridge (Line Contact Stylus - serviced and boxed)

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I understand mate, even though I'm not sure what's going on in terms of gain. The Wizard has the standard amount of gain and so does the Vivant. I have noticed that Jimbos Decca blue has slightly higher output but in my system it's not an issue.

I am sure you are happy with where you are at and I sincerely hope your new amp is the final piece.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Got me flummoxed too, your new Decca is exactly 5mv as it was originally outputting 7 but John fixed that.

I'll be glad when I get an amp sorted as the last 3 months or so with HiFi 'issues' had just about finished me.

It went like this....

Buy a Zyx Fuji at great price or so I thought, turn down an offer to make an instant £130 profit from the bidder I beat for it.

Sell my Zyx R100 to Alan

Decca in cupboard as not doing well in Vivant.

Zyx Fuji turns out to be faulty. Send it back for refund.

Bring Decca back out, still not full output on Vivant. Should have kept the Zyx R100.

Buy Rega Carbon for £18 as backup.

Send Decca to John Wright, service and calibration at a cost of £90, on top of the buy cost of £395.

Get Decca back from John with nothing really wrong with it other than adjusting the output. Still not good on the Vivant.

Getting close to selling the Turntable and vinyl for the third or fourth time.

Get the offer of another Zyx R100 (low output version). It arrives and sounds perfect, change of luck at last. Maybe I'll keep my turntable after all.

Alan offers to take my Vivant back to upgrade it and check it with the Decca at the same time, I then decide to borrow an expensive valve integrated with a view to buy, so decide to hold onto the Vivant until after the demo next week. It won't be sent to Alan until after Xmas now as I don't want to be without vinyl over Xmas unless Alan can upgrade it next week and have it back to me before Saturday. I might PM him

Sold my TQ Claymore Amp ( big loss in financial but not pleasure terms )

Sold the Decca Gold. ( slight loss )

Sold my PMC speakers. ( big loss in financial but not pleasure terms)

So all I need now is an Integrated Amp or Pre Amp to pair with my EWA M-50 Power Amp, still undecided yet. Thanks to wee tee cee I'm lusting after valves

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Got me flummoxed too, your new Decca is exactly 5mv as it was originally outputting 7 but John fixed that.

I'll be glad when I get an amp sorted as the last 3 months or so with HiFi 'issues' had just about finished me.

It went like this....

Buy a Zyx Fuji at great price or so I thought, turn down an offer to make an instant £130 profit from the bidder I beat for it.

Sell my Zyx R100 to Alan

Decca in cupboard as not doing well in Vivant.

Zyx Fuji turns out to be faulty. Send it back for refund.

Bring Decca back out, still not full output on Vivant. Should have kept the Zyx R100.

Buy Rega Carbon for £18 as backup.

Send Decca to John Wright, service and calibration at a cost of £90, on top of the buy cost of £395.

Get Decca back from John with nothing really wrong with it other than adjusting the output. Still not good on the Vivant.

Getting close to selling the Turntable and vinyl for the third or fourth time.

Get the offer of another Zyx R100 (low output version). It arrives and sounds perfect, change of luck at last. Maybe I'll keep my turntable after all.

Alan offers to take my Vivant back to upgrade it and check it with the Decca at the same time, I then decide to borrow an expensive valve integrated with a view to buy, so decide to hold onto the Vivant until after the demo next week. It won't be sent to Alan until after Xmas now as I don't want to be without vinyl over Xmas unless Alan can upgrade it next week and have it back to me before Saturday. I might PM him

Sold my TQ Claymore Amp ( big loss in financial but not pleasure terms )

Sold the Decca Gold. ( slight loss )

Sold my PMC speakers. ( big loss in financial but not pleasure terms)

So all I need now is an Integrated Amp or Pre Amp to pair with my EWA M-50 Power Amp, still undecided yet. Thanks to wee tee cee I'm lusting after valves
    Haha, it's been a long path but you're near the end mate.

We've all been there. I'm now in turmoil about the valve stage I built and the Jolida. decisions decisions

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Haha, it's been a long path but you're near the end mate.

We've all been there. I'm now in turmoil about the valve stage I built and the Jolida. decisions decisions

If you do sell decide to sell the jolida let me know

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    If you do sell decide to sell the jolida let me know
    That's another can of worms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678