+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power/integrated amp reccomendations.

I'm Mike.

Default Power/integrated amp reccomendations.

I've decided to sell off my ampage as I'm tiring of its rather monotone delivery, I listen to a fair amount of scratchy style rock, so need something sweeter. My amps were Naim 72/140/teddycap. I've already put them on Ebay. I've also just bought a Nakamichi ca-5 pre amp, as I heard the phono stage was good. My speakers are Ruark Talisman II, my record deck NAS interspace. I found the naim amps got worse when I introduced the NAS, as it has a more revealing, solid delivery, as the Naim amps exhibit traits of harshness it was not a good match. So I'm now looking for a power amp to match my Nak or an integrated or even pre/power combo and use the Nak only as a phono stage. The Naks matching power amp is quite rare, and I can't hang around months waiting for a decent one to turn up at the right price, I'm not hooked on getting one anyway. My thoughts are Sony ES, early Nait 5's, as I hear they're quite sweet, or small cheap UK brands like NVA, I really don't have a clue! Would rather make at a part informed decision, as buying/selling hifi can be a bit of a chore. I also listen to a cdp, well, not much, but its there. And I'm looking to get into streaming as well. Budget up to around £700. After reading a thread on here about the ALbarry amps, they intrigue me as well, tbh, there's so much out there. I did like parts of the Naim sound, but as I said it was just too grainy/harsh. I don't to go too much the other way. I did read one review of the Nak ca-5 pre that said it had a valve like sweetness to it, don't how how much truth is in that! Grateful for any suggestions.

I'm Geoff.

Quad 909?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Perhaps the modern Exposure amps.

S.

Bigman80 Guest

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362023641243

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

120 volt though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    120 volt though.
    Ah, transformer?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ah, transformer?
    Yeah.

No big deal, but adds to the outlay and keeps the value down.

Bigman80 Guest

Yeah.

No big deal, but adds to the outlay and keeps the value down.
    Bit of negotiation to cover the transformer and jobs a good un. They review well too. Nice bit of kit.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Bit of negotiation to cover the transformer and jobs a good un. They review well too. Nice bit of kit.
    Nah. If you want something from Nelson Pass, what about a pair of Aleph 2 monos?

Bigman80 Guest

Nah. If you want something from Nelson Pass, what about a pair of Aleph 2 monos?

YES !! They look proper beefy. I bet they are cracking!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast