+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F/s ear/yoshino 8l6 integrated amp. Just serviced by ear

I'm Mike.

Glad to see this now sold, I did seriously consider it ( for the 2nd time ), but I have my eye on something else.

Enjoy

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Glad to see this now sold, I did seriously consider it ( for the 2nd time ), but I have my eye on something else.

Enjoy
    Aaaah but have you been able to get your EAR to it yet?????
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Aaaah but have you been able to get your EAR to it yet?????
    You could go off some people you know

I'm Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

Enjoy
    Thanks Mike and good luck with your new "something else"

I'm Wojtek.

It strikes me that if it’s not to the buyer’s taste, there will be a lot of interest people to buy it from you here! I would have loved to but have just bought a Leben preamp and need to upgrade my turntable.

I run a TVA10 power amp made by papworth, an earlier Tim de Paravicini design. I’ve compared it with the v20, anyone ever heard it against the 834/8L6? The v20 has a deeper soundstage and microdetails, but almost too intense through my speakers.

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtek View Post
    It strikes me that if it’s not to the buyer’s taste, there will be a lot of interest people to buy it from you here! I would have loved to but have just bought a Leben preamp and need to upgrade my turntable.

I run a TVA10 power amp made by papworth, an earlier Tim de Paravicini design. I’ve compared it with the v20, anyone ever heard it against the 834/8L6? The v20 has a deeper soundstage and microdetails, but almost too intense through my speakers.
    Not much difference between Papworth's TVA 10 & EAR 834/8L6 since both reflect TdP- circuit design philosophy around EL34. Any difference in perceived "sonic quality" results from different parts used inside only. TVA10's OTs are of better quality and represent more value as they are multistage design and have more iron in it than those used in 834/8L6. Make some clever tube rolling with TVA10, drive it with a decent valve pre and you will see how good this amp really is. I own 2 pairs of custom made Papworth M-100 Ref. monoblocs by they way and have no need to upgrade any more.

I'm Wojtek.

Quote Originally Posted by forsell View Post
    Not much difference between Papworth's TVA 10 & EAR 834/8L6 since both reflect TdP- circuit design philosophy around EL34. Any difference in perceived "sonic quality" results from different parts used inside only. TVA10's OTs are of better quality and represent more value as they are multistage design and have more iron in it than those used in 834/8L6. Make some clever tube rolling with TVA10, drive it with a decent valve pre and you will see how good this amp really is. I own 2 pairs of custom made Papworth M-100 Ref. monoblocs by they way and have no need to upgrade any more.
    Thanks! I’ll pm you do as to not distract the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123