+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl or CD?

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    How much is a slap on the foreskin with a red-hot teabag?

Marco.
    means what?
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT leema sub

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just a wee random ditty

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just a wee random ditty

Marco.
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT leema sub

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Anto.

CD for me (without reading any of the thread sorry , because as soon as the wise words of everyone else hits my brain , I lose the will to construct a proper reply!!!!)
    Because - I can slip the cd in that slot and sit in my old reclining chair (which was my mother in laws -very comfy too ) and caress the remote whilst moving the volume up and down at will .
    Otherwise its -I dont want that track because I dont like it ,and the crackles etc etc whereas the convinience of cd is so so lazy - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Mr. Tact!

"when common sense, logic and plausibility are ruled out. All that remain are lies and foolishness"

Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

It's a score draw IMHO. The fact that there's such a variation in sound quality of both records and CDs, before we consider the merits of the equipment, throws it right up in the air. If equipment was the sole consideration then I'd say that on a budget CD would triumph pound-for-pound (mainly due to detail retrieval) but with more funds record comes into its own. I keep both and they each hit the spot in their own way. If I only have an hour and need a "hit" from a mix of tracks then I'll opt for CD, whereas if I have the time then letting a record run from end-to-end is one of life's great pleasures.

Pete

I'm Jerry.

Radio Paradise Flac is a bit of a game changer. Unlimited free lossless music. Sure, not everyone's taste but a great way to get into streaming.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool Shlipping thingsh in shlots....

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Because - I can slip the cd in that slot and sit in my old reclining chair...
    Yesh, we know how you like shlipping one in, dahling

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm tony.

Vinyl does ma nut in.....Lenco bastard machine!!!

File based audio....buy the CD after hearing it on Spotify or the likes and rip it lossless.

But.....when you spin that black bit of plastic and it comes together-it just does something intangible sonically that is beguiling.

Fuck,Fuck,Fuck its shite having to admit the best sound ive heard hi fi wise came from a record player...its 2017 ffs.

I'm Grant.

It can get to you Tony... trouble is its damn costly
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast