… Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Now embedded for you, Phil

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Phil.

brilliant , you must tell me how to do that sometime
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around

Eric Bibb

Lol... You just need to know which part of the YouTube browser code to use, and then insert it in between the letters and symbols [ YT ] and [ /YT ], but without the spaces before and after those letters, whilst retaining the square brackets.

Essentially, it's the code shown in the browser, which appears AFTER the last ' = ' [equals] sign.

If you copy the whole of the browser code, you'll end up with something that contains a load of gobbledygook, with the YouTube URL at the beginning and end. However, all you're interested in is the code, shown AFTER the ' = ' sign.

The full copied code, from the browser, on the Harbeth video is: www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=Ja9BJn0lMxI - but you're only interested in the bit in bold.

So, all you'd do is copy and paste that code (Ja9BJn0lMxI), and insert it in between [ YT ] and [/YT], with no spaces (as outlined above), and you should have successfully embedded the video

Hope that makes sense! Btw, it was a most informative and enjoyable video, so thanks for sharing

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Nice one Phil and interesting to watch as a Harbeth fan. I've been lucky enough to meet Alan Shaw and what impresses me about him (apart from his glorious loudspeakers) is he's not only passionate about what he does, but he's also passionate about music. Those two together I feel are what puts him above so many other manufacturers.

The sound we like though is personal, just as much as our choice in music, but what he says about many modern loudspeakers rings true for me, they have a distinctive sound which I don't like. Harbeth speakers to me sound so natural and as a live music fan, these tick all the boxes - they sound like real music, not Hi-Fi. At the moment I'm without a pair, but as soon as I move and settle into a hopefully permanent home, I'll be buying another pair

And I must thank AoS (again) as I had never heard about Harbeth speakers before becoming a member. They are not for everybody, some like that Hi-Fi sound, but for me they come the closest to a live performance than any other brand.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... You just need to know which part of the YouTube browser code to use, and then insert it in between the letters and symbols [ YT ] and [ /YT ], but without the spaces before and after those letters, whilst retaining the square brackets.

Essentially, it's the code shown in the browser, which appears AFTER the last ' = ' [equals] sign.

If you copy the whole of the browser code, you'll end up with something that contains a load of gobbledygook, with the YouTube URL at the beginning and end. However, all you're interested in is the code, shown AFTER the ' = ' sign.

The full copied code, from the browser, on the Harbeth video is: www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=Ja9BJn0lMxI - but you're only interested in the bit in bold.

So, all you'd do is copy and paste that code (Ja9BJn0lMxI), and insert it in between [ YT ] and [/YT], with no spaces (as outlined above), and you should have successfully embedded the video

Hope that makes sense! Btw, it was a most informative and enjoyable video, so thanks for sharing

Marco.
    ta

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

brilliant tim. hope you get some soon when you are settled . a number of folks i know use them and i am a fan of a certain canadian brand of speaker which is very rare and very expensive . the harbeth reminded me of that brand . they have an emotion and are not forced or hi fi sounding .

as you say they are not everyones cup of tea, funnily enough not too long ago i stayed in lindfield for a wedding celebration and had no idea that harbeth was made there

Eric Bibb

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    ta
    Cool - did you understand it, though?

Otherwise, you'll not be able to do it yourself in future. Try it now, by having a go at embedding some other YouTube video

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    anyone interested in harbeth may like to see this video

Thanks for posting Phil.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

Hi Tim,

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Nice one Phil and interesting to watch as a Harbeth fan. I've been lucky enough to meet Alan Shaw and what impresses me about him (apart from his glorious loudspeakers) is he's not only passionate about what he does, but he's also passionate about music. Those two together I feel are what puts him above so many other manufacturers.
    Based on what I saw of Alan Shaw on that video, and what I know about him in general, I would agree. He came across really well there and seemed genuinely warm and friendly. I also admire his approach to loudspeaker design, as outlined in the video.

I just wish he'd come across like that on the Harbeth user forum, especially when the subject of cables (and such like) comes up, where his science-first objectivist leanings often get the better of him, and he can come across as the complete opposite of warm and friendly!

He definitely does both himself and Harbeth a gross disservice by writing some of the stuff he does on there. That attitude might appeal to some diehard 'measurists', but I can assure you that it turns off everyone else, especially most subjectivists like me. Maybe he's realised that though and changed? I've not looked there for a long time.

Anyway, that aside, when it comes to the speakers themselves, I'm a big fan, as like you, I enjoy their 'natural sound', and thus how they've been voiced to reproduce music, and especially the human voice, as believably as possible. I admire their heritage and in general am a fan of BBC-based loudspeaker designs.

Plus, Harbeth speakers are beautifully made and not stupidly priced either, considering the quality on offer, and what some other so-called 'high-end' manufacturers charge for their designs!

Enjoy yours when you get some more, mate

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast