+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Its not xmas yet

I'm Geoff.

Nice tree Grant. The white gives it a different look.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Martin.

Yes no worries Marco and everyone. There are some very nice touches at christmas which bring a warmth to the heart.

I think perhaps Im looking for a more understated celebration. Maybe less present waving and bringing it back from being too commercial. Maybe less decoration and I can do without the oldie Christmas tunes playing in the supermarket. I feel a slight groundhog day about it now.

I just think its run away with itself for some of the wrong reasons

Do we really need to have the same Christmas music every year? A nice meal with a good album playing in the other room.

I wouldnt spoil it for others and I hope everyone does have a happy Christmas. Perhaps its because Ive done it 53 times now and I got more out of it as a kid
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 06-12-2017 at 22:06.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nice tree Grant. The white gives it a different look.
    its been in loft for a while as i didnt feel xmassy last few years for obvious reasons.. decided to go flat out and make it nice this year...might be my last.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ...might be my last.
    No, I was having a word with the man upstairs about you earlier, and he said you're good for another 10 years yet, but your willy will drop off in 5!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Started decorating tree

Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

Default Its not xmas yet

Think that will do it. Dont like too much of a contrast as its supposed to be winter

Oh dear it's on fire.

Last edited by struth; 07-12-2017 at 15:16.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Anto.

As always Martin , you write very much what I tend to think also !!(It saves me the typing )
    Having watched a few programmes about Christmas's in the 1940's and before , I would like to see us go back more to a Christmas build up a week before the big day and turn it off the day after the bank holiday after Boxing Day!
    My mate last week was going home to put the Christmas tree up , and I told him ,(as we passed a house burdening the National Grid with its weight of lights) that 'Folk like that need their fuse box removing '
    I dont think he was impressed
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

Nice cosy glow and vibe you've got going on there, Granty! Like it

Where's your stocking?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

im wearing them... tiz cold
    Regards,
    Grant ....

Hehehe... Hold-ups or belted?

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast