+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A revisit to the Denon has Landed.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I love it. That arm looks truly spectacular for many different reasons but I can see why it would divide opinion.

The more money i spend, the less I worry about what others think. Advice is always welcome but critique is only a point of view. Enjoy your TT and arm. It's beautiful and I'm sure is sounds as good as anything "top end" that you will find.

A SP10 MK2 v Denon is definitely required in the name of science!!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Wise words Oliver, we all like different things anywaze !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Dear all,

This was just to show my happiness after many years of trying to achieve perfection....in which is almost impossible, but I’ve got it pretty close.

I love this forum and the comments but I believe I’m on a loser...... so hear endth the sermon.

Well done

We all like what we like.......

I thank you for your comments

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well done Peter,

It's always good to hear of music lovers achieving long term satisfaction with their system. How we do it is of course a matter of taste and can take many different paths, but when it is achieved it is to be rejoiced and celebrated.

I wasn't trying to 'rain on your parade': indeed I'm an admirer of the Dynavector bi-axis tone arms. I was simply commenting on its looks. (I do have questions concerning the disparate arm effective masses in the vertical and horizontal plane, as well as exacerbation of 'warp wow' and 'scrub flutter' through the use of a short arm stub).

Anyway, congratulations on your achievement.

Barry
    Barry

I'm Peter.

I love it. That arm looks truly spectacular for many different reasons but I can see why it would divide opinion.

The more money i spend, the less I worry about what others think. Advice is always welcome but critique is only a point of view. Enjoy your TT and arm. It's beautiful and I'm sure is sounds as good as anything "top end" that you will find.

Oliver / Robbie,

I thank you for your comments. As I am the only one that listens to my system, it’s always difficult to be constructive.

However, when things make you smile..... it got to be right !!!!

It don’t happen too often..... that’s for sure.

Waiting for the next bit of vinyl...... as excitement , means happiness!!!

Thank for your comments.

Peter

I'm Geoff.

I think that is one of the nicest looking turntable combinations I have seen. I'm a big fan of the DP80, a genuinely high-end deck and unappreciated for decades in the UK, as was most Japanese kit. The Dynavector has always been an intriguing arm, unique in design and beautiful to look at IMO. Congratulations.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I think that is one of the nicest looking turntable combinations I have seen. I'm a big fan of the DP80, a genuinely high-end deck and unappreciated for decades in the UK, as was most Japanese kit. The Dynavector has always been an intriguing arm, unique in design and beautiful to look at IMO. Congratulations.
    That’s an extremely nice comment..... thank you... I go to bed happy.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    That’s an extremely nice comment..... thank you... I go to bed happy.

Well I do like......
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    I never thought I'd go back to it but I've been looking into mats (Dont start Marco ) as I sense there's a bit to be got there if I choose the right one - Got one on the way, all will be revealed in due course
    Heh-heh.... Some find it early, some late, some never... You got there just in time!

Marco.

P.S Beautiful turntable, Peter. Major respect
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm paul.

for fun maybe Oliver, but for science would be pointless unless both were fitted with the same arm/cart combo.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Russell.

It’s awesomely beautiful! I love everything about it! Down right sexy!

I'm Nigel.

I have been to Peter’s home and had a good listen to this turntable combo, very, very good indeed.
    I like it a lot tbh and look forward to hearing it again soon with the new phono stage.
    Peter has put together a very nice system with some fine source components.

Nigel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast