+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A revisit to the Denon has Landed.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    for fun maybe Oliver, but for science would be pointless unless both were fitted with the same arm/cart combo.
    Obviously

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Obviously

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    not to some
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hey Peter, bath in the joy of it, too right

I never thought I'd go back to it but I've been looking into mats (Dont start Marco ) as I sense there's a bit to be got there if I choose the right one - Got one on the way, all will be revealed in due course
    You need to hear what a Strata platter does as well.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Paul.

Congratulations Peter. You've played a blinder. Your new deck is a thing of beauty and the arm looks superb. Enjoy

I'm paul.

Peter, are you using the rubber mat? I would recommend a copper or gunmetal mat, the platter is two piece and already damped, makes a huge difference.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Peter, are you using the rubber mat? I would recommend a copper or gunmetal mat, the platter is two piece and already damped, makes a huge difference.
    Hi Paul,

Yes I am using a rubber mat (Oyalide) and do understand that it is a split platter, which is already damped to some extent.

I was looking for a copper mat, but they seem to be few and far between or extortionately expensive.

Unless you can advise differently. Quite willing to give anything a try.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I use an isoplatnat with my TTS8000 . Well worry trying.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Hi Paul,

Yes I am using a rubber mat (Oyalide) and do understand that it is a split platter, which is already damped to some extent.

I was looking for a copper mat, but they seem to be few and far between or extortionately expensive.

Unless you can advise differently. Quite willing to give anything a try.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes Peter rare, but worth looking for. Someone here bought a Tenuto mat not long ago, very expensive but easy to move on if need be. I just kept an eye out on ebay and snagged a copper one.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I use an isoplatnat with my TTS8000 . Well worry trying.
    is that spelled correctly Geoff, couldn't find it on a search

I'm paul.

https://belhifi.com/products/puresound-tenuto

try that Peter, hope you have deep pockets and longer arms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast