+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD Interesting horn loaded speakers

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    ah now we are getting somewhere . ian s1 who sadly passed away at a very young age [ he exhibited at scalford a number of times with crimsondonkey] had these agathon ultimates and they were truly awesome . at the time i had logan summit x and i was well impressed with the scale and musicality of these big speakers . hopefully something can be arranged .

i did look briefly at pickfords gold collection service [ they do art collections etc] but i am guessing it would be prohibitively expensive

http://www.pickfords.co.uk/pickfords-gold
    Thanks, I remember when I sold Wilson Maxx - the piano people came to collect and handled it like a baby. I reckon the price would be close to a grand for such service and delivery from Scotland. I'll be driving myself instead. Maybe play Michel Thomas and learn a new language ;-)

I'm Phil.

yes , i thought it would be expensive , i really hope you are able to get them
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    Thanks - I'll be collecting them this week. Should be fun - 20 hours of motorway driving ;-)

That's brilliant Martin.

Somehow I think it will be well worth the effort, I can't imagine these being anything other than fantastic. Hope you have a big car for collection!

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerGraaf View Post
    That's brilliant Martin.

Somehow I think it will be well worth the effort, I can't imagine these being anything other than fantastic. Hope you have a big car for collection!
    Hi, I think they'll be great. Travelling tonight to reach Ardrossan at around 9am. I don't have a big car, but can lower rear seats, so should be fine. Will report back with impressions, but they look the biz and if they walk as well as they talk...

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    Hi, I think they'll be great. Travelling tonight to reach Ardrossan at around 9am. I don't have a big car, but can lower rear seats, so should be fine. Will report back with impressions, but they look the biz and if they walk as well as they talk...
    Are you getting the Klipsch Martin ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Rohan.

It's the Agathons he's getting...

I'm Lawrence.

Should be on his way back now, unless he's stopped over for a sleep. As a serial speaker swapper I await the results with baited breath!

I'm Phil.

yes exciting stuff , shame he could not pick this up while he was there !!

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/morein...=52249&offset=
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm martin.

What an adventure... Left home at midnight, drove throughout the night and got to Ardrossan at 8am. Then found out that the hurricane was already there! The ferry company issue amber alert which means that they were considering stopping the sailings because of the high winds. They warned me that in case of the cancelled sailing back - I'd be stuck at the Isle of Arran for days. The island itself is massive - I believe over 50 miles around. Very green, windy and wet. Got the speakers!!! They sound fantastic. The seller played some stuff on a CD ?!? and even that sounded great. Got back at 1:30am, so still recovering. I need to set them up, but that involves a flight of stairs, so will have to wait until tonight. Will keep you all posted. BTW - these things are beautifully made! On par with SF Extrema. Even when you look underneath where the firing cavity is - it's all nicely finished. A real product of love. Will keep you all posted!

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    yes exciting stuff , shame he could not pick this up while he was there !!

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/morein...=52249&offset=
    That Pass Labs amp was the one driving the Agathons! Sounded good, but I can't judge an amplifier on the basis of 5 minutes listening, especially when the speakers and the source are unfamiliar to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast