+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD Interesting horn loaded speakers

I'm martin.

Default WTD Interesting horn loaded speakers

Looking for efficient large horn loaded speakers - I was thinking Impulse H2, Ta'us, Horning Agathon, some weird and wonderful DIY concoction?
    Reasonable distance from London.

I'm Lawrence.

Seen a nice pair recently, tall and slim with front facing stepped horns at the top and bottom, possibly a frugelhorn design. I think it was on PFM or here, someone said the wife wanted them out of the way and they would do a deal for a quick sale.

I'm Rohan.

Up here in Scotland there are a pair of Horning Agathon Ultimates for sale....there are hugely complimentary reviews of them on 6moons and HiFi Pig if you look. Beautiful speakers made with love by the looks of them.

I think the guy has been trying to sell them for some time and would probably take a good offer.
    He does live on an island but it's actually very accessible and I think location is all that has stopped the sale. I have good knowledge of the place in question and would be happy to assist you if need be. I have no connection to the seller.

I know you say reasonable distance from London but sometimes to get the best you have to travel... I do, all the time (hifi seems rare up here)!

I'm martin.

HI, Thanks for this - I've been in touch with him over the last couple of weeks and tried to organise couriers, but to no avail. The gentleman is very reluctant to ship the speakers and for me it would be a journey of more than 9 hours each way. Do you know anyone who could safely ship them down in one go? I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm martin.

Hi, there is a nice pair on PFM - Hedlund horns, but they are in Northern Ireland... Couldn't find anything else that would fit what you described. Thanks anyway ;-)

I'm Mark.

Horning Eufrodite Ultimate Zigma’s at The Audio Note Lounge, Brighton.

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty2 View Post
    Horning Eufrodite Ultimate Zigma’s at The Audio Note Lounge, Brighton.
    Thanks for this. It would fit the bill perfectly, if it wasn't for the price. Wife imposed a strict 2.5k :-(

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    Thanks for this. It would fit the bill perfectly, if it wasn't for the price. Wife imposed a strict 2.5k :-(
    Just tell her you thought she meant each.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just tell her you thought she meant each.
    And that's after I sold some of my stuff and landed 5k! I feel I'm being shortchanged...

lordmortlock Guest

The chap with the Hedlunds does mention delivery and installation for the right buyer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast