+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD : cheap as chips turntable.

I'm Jakob.

Default WTD : cheap as chips turntable.

Hi all ,
    My aunt said she really wanted a turntable to me .
    So I’m going to try and get her one as a surprise for Xmas .
    But we have a secret Santa strict rule of £50 to save those in the family who are less well off and even things out a bit.
    I thought it would be awesome if i could manage to get her a 2nd hand turntable for this amount .
    Can anyone please help me out??
    Thanks all
    Jake

I'm Grant.

you might struggle at that low. but you never know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jakob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you might struggle at that low. but you never know
    I thought that might be the case i guess i could push it to 60 and not tell anyone but not really any more than that .
    I was thinking in the vein of a dual 505 or pioneer pl12d ?

We will see.

I'm Grant.

give it a couple of days for folk to see it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

There was a time not so long ago when you would get 3 or even 6 Pioneer Pl12Ds for sixty notes. I was offered a whole room full of Goldring Lenco GL75s for nothing! 20 or 30 of them!
    Now they are worth a ton a piece.

I did until recently have a few budget decks that have sat around for years, bit they have all gone in the last 6 months, with people beating a path to my door to get one. Things have changed in the strangest ways. Good luck with your search.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakepowell1991 View Post
    I thought that might be the case i guess i could push it to 60 and not tell anyone but not really any more than that .
    I was thinking in the vein of a dual 505 or pioneer pl12d ?

We will see.
    Be careful with a used 505 unless you're prepared to do some mending. They were fitted with various power supply capacitors, but those with Rifa ones will usually need replacing unless they've been done. They have a habit of letting the smoke out and then your motor can spin backwards and all sorts of interesting things.
    The pitch belts are usually shot as well and around £20 to replace.
    For some reason the audio leads also seem more sensitive to internal breakages than most.
    I usually have to replace drive belt, pitch belt, PSU caps and often the audio cable if I get an original one.

You'll be lucky to get a PL-12D for £50 now. As someone above said even the 112 is fetching good money.

I'm Alan.

'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Lawrence.

Does she have an.amp with a phono stage? There are some cheap ones out there, bush ,sony etc, and modern ones for the new TT craze and ripping vinyl to digital, some midi sized, some of which have a built in Phono stage.

I'm nigel.

Make sure any PL12 you are considering as had some sort of service...or consider doing it yourself.
    Given this model will be over 40 years old it will need the motor and platter bearings cleaned of old hardened grease/oil. The motors tend to be a bit noisy but respond well to a blob of fresh lube...both ends.
    Lots of info vids on YouTube.

Don't be taken in by EBay sellers conning you into buying a small amount of specific product for your bearing....good quality LIGHT engine oil is fine.

As above, I remember turntables from this era selling for peanuts.
    I recently saw a Sansui 222 mk2 for...coughs....130 quid in my local cash converters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast