Hi all,

I recently decided that being mentally deficient in regard to electronics was really starting to get on my Tits.

I bought a phonostage which had many documented mods and set about changing a few bits but it really didn't "educate" me, rather just refined my ability to solder (and desolder)

After some research it seemed the logical choice was to build something easy. I bought a DC filtering PCB and built that. Very good, all works and I now know what a diode is. Again I felt I needed more.

I decided a MM phonostage would probably be beneficial In a number of ways. So a long search of the internet brought me to

theValveWizard.co.uk.

I bought a MM PCB and got a very easy to follow component flow chart and an instruction PDF. An abunce of emails between Alan and myself followed and eventually I started to order some parts.

I won't bore with the details but it's going to have two PCC88 valves and a single ECC83. All the square capacitors are Polypropylene and all but two resistors are metal film. Ceramic valve holders and I used silver solder because I had it left over.

I now have a suitable donor case (Thanks Phonomac!) case to put the board and power supply in and a very nice transformer for which I still have to pay Alan 🤣

Here's the pics of the board in its current state

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk