Being relatively new to hifi I haven't heard alot that's out there and mostly go by the opinions of others on what to buy such as reviewers and hifi veterans such as yourselfs and so I'm curious what is the best systems you've heard?

For me the best I heard was a friend's, Marantz sa11s2, Abrahamsen v2 up integrated amplifier and Sonus Faber olympica iiis which are easily one of the most beautiful looking speakers out there. The sound that these bits of kit produce is incredibly detailed and exciting no bad recordings allowed or you'll cringe at ever little flaw. The Abrahamsen is made by a hifi legend Per Abrahamsen a founder and lead designer from Electrocompaniet up until they went bankrupt in 2004 and were sold to another company he started his own company and everyone from the original Electrocompaniet followed, it's a cracking amp that's powers the big Faber's with ease. The Faber's while being big are incredibly picky about postioning and aren't fun to move at 91kgs. The Marantz really opened my eyes to ability of super audio CDs you hear these new layers of instruments and subtle details you never knew where there before. Well I guess I should shut up now and suppress this raging hifi boner I've got going