+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best system you've heard?

I'm Grant.

Mine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

I travelled down to Colin Topps place to buy his 57s off him.

He insisted on letting me hear them to make sure I was happy-love them to bits.

Colin made us a brew and buttie and asked if we had 5 minutes to listen to his new eddingdale speakers.

Oh dear....played some tracy chapman on vinyl.

His speakers, I think LDA 30OB mono blocks, bespoke phono stage and pre cant remotely remember what turntable it was.

I was flabbergasted.....best noise ive ever heard from a hi fi.

It has niggled away at me for ages....Colin is in the process of building me a pair of his speakers configured for solid state.

Lifes way too short, I love music so does my son and good lady.

Colin Wonfor has provided me with two lovely amps to marry up to them....chase the dream if you can.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Mine
    Seriously though as other have said, its a very personal thing, and I have heard systems from both ends of the scale that blew me a way, for diffrent reasons, likewise' I have heard seriously underwhelming ones from both ends too!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

I've heard supposedly superb systems at shows and in dealers and also heard very decent systems at other folks homes. But I still breathe a sigh of relief when I put mine on and listen to some music (after a warm up ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

By far the best system I have ever heard was at Sonority Design where an awful lot of time, effort and expense was expended on providing THE best acoustic treatment for the demo room and mains supply.

The quality of the kit (about £80K total) just shone through 100%. Coming out afterwards one knew that the experience would never be bettered.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post
    I look at this slightly different, many years ago I went to a classical music recital held in Lincoln cathedral, I can't remember what was played, but the sound was so sweet, especially the high end notes of someone playing a "Triangle".

I cannot replicate Lincoln cathedral in my flat, I came close in my last house, the room was large with the perfect shape and layout for "Hi-Fi", I would say (And a few others on here agree) that your room, layout and furnishings play such a major part in how you hear music.

This would make comparisons between equipment in different room layouts very difficult to say the least.

But when you get the right gear in the right place you will know you have it right.

Don't get too hung up on the gear side of it unless you also get the setting right.

EDIT: Sorry Paul didn't see your post.
    My room is horrible for hifi its way too small and upstairs spikes and slabs are a must, the Missions 752 freedoms are good for this kind of environment as they're mostly front ported but all speakers benefit from having room to breath so I totally agree with having a good space for your equipment to work as it should
    MY SYSTEM
    SOURCES: Marantz cd63 mk2 ki, Marantz cd6000ose
    AMPLIFICATION: Albarry m408s mono blocs with ap3 pre
    CABLES: Chord company c-line, Monster interlink 400, QED silver speaker cable, Tacima cs947 mains conditioner
    SPEAKERS: Mission 752 freedoms, AKG K550 mk2 headphones

I'm tony.

My son dropped me off at the physio the other day.

Dropped his yamaha acoustic into a guitar shop to be re stringed then went into LOUD AND CLEAR in Glasgow.

They are a great dealer - no pish or wanky salesman shite.

Theyre listening room is a fully treated stone wall cellar.....anyhow, they let him listen to a top notch moon system!!!

He has crofts a pair of electric beach frugels and a standac seg running off a mac-mark grant and colin wonfor cables.

He is a straight talking no BS - He has 97 percent of the sound in his room.

AOS has done us a turn.

Dont get me started on the 57K B@O orgami things i heard in in a treated room........came home played the same john martyn tune- im pretty chuffed with what i have.

As mentioned its a very personal thing.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I travelled down to Colin Topps place to buy his 57s off him.

He insisted on letting me hear them to make sure I was happy-love them to bits.

Colin made us a brew and buttie and asked if we had 5 minutes to listen to his new eddingdale speakers.

Oh dear....played some tracy chapman on vinyl.

His speakers, I think LDA 30OB mono blocks, bespoke phono stage and pre cant remotely remember what turntable it was.

I was flabbergasted.....best noise ive ever heard from a hi fi.

It has niggled away at me for ages....Colin is in the process of building me a pair of his speakers configured for solid state.

Lifes way too short, I love music so does my son and good lady.

Colin Wonfor has provided me with two lovely amps to marry up to them....chase the dream if you can.
    That's brilliant having the misses and son into the hifi, my dad got me into hifi and now I'm a bigger fan of it than him, I love hearing about guys making speakers for the most part you know that they'll put their heart and soul into making them as it's more of a passion compared to the mass producing sweat shops out there
    MY SYSTEM
    CABLES: Chord company c-line, Monster interlink 400, QED silver speaker cable, Tacima cs947 mains conditioner

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Mine
    Seriously though as other have said, its a very personal thing, and I have heard systems from both ends of the scale that blew me a way, for diffrent reasons, likewise' I have heard seriously underwhelming ones from both ends too!
    Definitely a personal thing I agree, I love my little system even though it doesn't compare to the mega bucks systems I've seen on here it has a very warm and musical character I love and if I want to bring the sound more upfront and involving at the price of warmth I just switch to my cd63 from the 6000
    MY SYSTEM

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post
    I look at this slightly different, many years ago I went to a classical music recital held in Lincoln cathedral, I can't remember what was played, but the sound was so sweet, especially the high end notes of someone playing a "Triangle".

I cannot replicate Lincoln cathedral in my flat, I came close in my last house, the room was large with the perfect shape and layout for "Hi-Fi", I would say (And a few others on here agree) that your room, layout and furnishings play such a major part in how you hear music.

This would make comparisons between equipment in different room layouts very difficult to say the least.

But when you get the right gear in the right place you will know you have it right.

Don't get too hung up on the gear side of it unless you also get the setting right.

EDIT: Sorry Paul didn't see your post.
    Er which Paul are you apologising to and why.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast