+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Angle Audio MM/MC Battery Phono Stage

I'm Mick.

Default FS Angle Audio MM/MC Battery Phono Stage

Due to my ongoing upgrade path I have purchased a new phono stage so this on is for sale.

Amazing little phono stage. Think it was the reference model. Look at the reviews as they punch well above their weight. This was upgraded at the time of purchase and has switchable MM/MC and also an upgraded battery that allows upto 8hrs run time. Original battery is also available but only allows 3hr run time on battery. This allows the cleaner sound without the power supply but will run fine direct from mains as well. Comes with upgraded power supply that charges quickly. Only selling as I have got the upgrade bug again and have spent some money and trying something different.

Still selling with this spec around £329 so grab a bargain.

£120 ono postage free

[IMG]IMG_0687 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0686 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0685 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0688 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Mark.

Hi, I'm a bit confused about the battery. The Ref 2 spec says it is a 'virtual battery' which automatically recharges so you don't have to worry about anything I would assume I.e. No manual recharging, no down-time, no battery changing. Is this how yours works ( I appreciate you say it is a Ref. model but I can only find info on the Ref. 2 model)

I'm Mick.

Hi Mark

Yes this is a virtual battery that charges as you go when attached to the power. You can run the unit without the power supply if required but this will flatten the battery at some point. So as you said it will just keep charged when plugged in and need no maintenance. The idea is the unit runs off the battery so the mains electric supply noise(if any) is reduced if that makes sense. But the battery is always charged if plugged in. Well thats how I think it works This is an earlier model than the reference 2 but has everything you need including the MC/MM switching etc. Hope that helps. It is a few years old now and the models and specs change all the time on the newer versions. Still a very competent bit of kit.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Mark.

Thanks for the explanation Mick. Will PM you.

I'm Mick.

And replied

Sold pending payment.

I'm Mick.

Now Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+ Reply to Thread