+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Denmark

I'm silas.

Default Hello from Denmark

Hey there,

Danish DIY hobbyist here. Have been browsing the forums for various diy- and audio related discussions and thought i'd sign up to chip in.

I am a scientists (biochemistry) by training, but have been playing music all my life, so it is a lifelong passion. Serious listening equipment is something more recent (since i don't play much myself anymore, but i love listening to music still).

I am at humble beginnings, listening on a pair of Dynaudio Excite X16s powered by a home built FirstWatt F6 DIY. Source is various (spotify/mp3/flac) via a digital DAC/preamp cambridge audio stream magic 6 v2.

My current project plans are some higher efficiency speakers (the dynaudios are 86 db/w i believe) and a FirstWatt B3 preamp.

I also enjoy headphones, and started my DIY stuff doing headphone amps, so i own a number of different headphones and amps also.

See you around!

Best,
    Silas

I'm Geoff.

Hello Silas. Welcome to AOS.

The FirstWatt probably will benefit from more sensitive speakers. Try starting a thread in the Blank Canvas section with your ideas. I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions.

There's plenty going on here, so get involved and chat with the members. They're friendy.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm silas.

Hey Goeff,

Yeah, i'm definitely curious to try something more sensitive. The loudness is OK as it is (probably not for loud parties but that's not really something that happens often). However, the 4 ohm load is definitely giving me the best performance from the amp. I will post some ideas in the blank canvas section and see what comes up, thanks!

Best,
    Silas

I'm Geoff.

You may find sensitive 8 ohm speakers work well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mick.

Hi Silas
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread