+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for an amp to suit my Tannoy Berkeleys?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    That amp in the link looks the bollocks. No idea what it is but it just wowed in the looks department

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Same brand as the Odysseus, Michaelson Audio Chronos. Never heard one unfortunately. As with the Odysseus, Tim de Paravicini had a hand in the (electronics) design.

Bigman80 Guest

Should be worthy of a listen then!

lordmortlock Guest

Out Vadered! Jeez!!
    Last edited by lordmortlock; 27-11-2017 at 18:00.

I'm Mike.

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations, I've actually been offered an Ear Yoshino 8L6 integrated, and I do know that Tom said this would be a great match.

Seriously tempted just to go for it even though I've never heard one.

I'd still be keen to try the Luxman and I'd be lying if it wasn't just for the sound

The valve amps mentioned look the business too, in fact I'm listening to Grants old WAD EL84 Power Amp with his Promitheus Pre Amp right now as I type and that sounds pretty good, I ended up browsing the World Audio Designs website last night looking at the KT88 XL integrated amp which looks very good on the reviews I found.

Arghhh decisions decisions

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the recommendations, I've actually been offered an Ear Yoshino 8L6 integrated, and I do know that Tom said this would be a great match.

Seriously tempted just to go for it even though I've never heard one.

I'd still be keen to try the Luxman and I'd be lying if it wasn't just for the sound

The valve amps mentioned look the business too, in fact I'm listening to Grants old WAD EL84 Power Amp with his Promitheus Pre Amp right now as I type and that sounds pretty good, I ended up browsing the World Audio Designs website last night looking at the KT88 XL integrated amp which looks very good on the reviews I found.

Arghhh decisions decisions
    I would go for the EAR, you won't be disappointed. Perfect match for the big Tannoys.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The WD KT88 would be a good choice Mike. I’d build it for you no problem.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Ear we go again
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The WD KT88 would be a good choice Mike. I’d build it for you no problem.
    I borrowed one for a bit a few years back. I don't think the WAD KT88 is as good a KT88 amp (in the grand scheme of things) as the WAD EL84 is an EL 84 amp (if you get my drift). The EAR uses the same circuit as all the big Tim de Paravicini amps, the main difference between them is features (balanced connections etc) and a fancy faceplate.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Mike, still think the best bang for your buck would be to ask Nick to build you something.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Mike, still think the best bang for your buck would be to ask Nick to build you something.
    It's hard to argue with that. Nick is the man to turn to in these situations. Such a nice guy too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast