+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Gustard U12 24-bit/386k USB interface

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Gustard U12 24-bit/386k USB interface

Selling my Gustard U12. I bought this from Hugo (Ammonite Audio), it was his personal one and it has had the Chinese mains transformer replaced with a higher-spec 240v version.

Googling this brings up some useful info, it has a range of possible outputs (IIS, optical, coax and XLR), I was using SPDIF and AES/EBU over coax and XLR to my Audio Note DAC. The output rate (44.1, 48, 88.2, 192 etc) is displayed numerically on the front, so you can be confident what you are sending to the DAC.

This has been replaced at considerable (arguably silly) expense by £800-worth of Mutec MC3+USB re-clocking interface device, and frankly the difference in my setup at least is marginal at best, in fact arguably it’s inaudible. However I like the shiny buttons and flashing lights on the Mutec so it stays.

Plug and play for Mac (works with Core Audio) and drivers are available for it for the PC, it’s still supported.

Hugo sold the Gustard to me at a silly cheap £60 and I’m passing the favour on to the forum by selling it on at this price. (Includes recorded delivery).

I have swithered between keeping this and selling the Mutec but I want to do some playing with the reclocking side of it, so the Gustard (very reluctantly) goes to someone who will use it rather than it be left on my shelf.

I'm Richard.

Hi Tom, PM sent.

I'm Nat.

Yes Please I will take this I'll pm you.

montesquieu Guest

Now sold (to richard who was first by 4 mins).

Please look at my other stuff for sale - a RPi2 with IQ DAC and a Leak Stereo 20.

+ Reply to Thread