+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box Swapping strategy

I suppose I'm the polar opposite of a box-swapper. When I buy something, I buy it for life. heck, I've even still got my first proper Hi-Fi system from the early 80's!

Finances depending, I prefer to modify and internally upgrade rather than get rid.

The only thing I've ever box-swapped was turntables. Hated all of them, so I went out and bought a Tekky and now we're wed for life!

The good thing about high-end box swappers is that it gives those not so rich the opportunity to buy nearly new things at less than retail.

The bad thing about high end box swappers is that they keep the audiophile jewellery companies from going bust.

Kris.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Perhaps the other factor here is that pursuit of the non-existing state of perfection. They're chasing shadows in my mind.

Still the poor deluded fools do supply the market with some bargains for us mere mortals!
    These are the people I like.
    Phillip.

Records... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the turntable Perspective. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new records, to seek out new artists and new sounds, to boldly go where no hyper elliptical diamond stylus has gone before!

Polk Audio SDA 1C + Yamaha C4 / M2 + Custom Made DIY Phono Stage + Pro-Ject Perspective + Pro-Ject Speed Box II + Benz Micro Ace = Magic.

My plan is to buy for life but I can't afford what I want in one lump sum.

If I buy and sell bits , each time throwing more money towards it , I slowly climb the ladder to the point I want.

The next jump will be the kicker for me as to get there I need to save up about £3k and then sell my existing amp/speakers, or get really really lucky on the used market.

we shall see

And it's also a rush trying out new kit.
    I can't really say I've been truely disapointed in anything I've owned, though alot of bits have had a trait that has got on my nerves over time or is lacking something I liked which the previous one had.

I guess the ultimate is finding the balance of kit with all the good traits and without lacking anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12