+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question about selling...

I'm Colin.

Default A question about selling...

I was having a look at some of the other threads in this section, and I noticed one where the seller didn't get PMs from interested parties because he hadn't posted enough for this to switch on.

As you will all have noticed I have put a few ads up today, and intend to add some more. This alone might get me to the stage where people can PM me if interested in my stuff, but I be grateful if someone could let me know what the threshold is, I haven't seen it in the prep I did (esp. learning how to embed pictures) in the run up to placing these ads.

Thanks

Colin

I'm Colin.

Sorry, one more. Some forums I have seen have a rule where they don't like things being listed on eBay whilst on their forum. I did not see anything like this on AoS, did I miss anything to that effect? I don't intent to list on eBay straight away, wanted to see what interest there was here first.

Thanks

Colin

I'm Phil.

ah this is going to get confusing now , as we have 2 MrC on here !!!!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...e-interconnect
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Colin.

Ah yes, although he is "Mr. C", I am "MrC"... he's been here since 2008. It didn't warn me of a conflict when I joined last year. However I shall defer to the venerable Mr. C , and see if I can change my name... but I'm going to go for Mr C2, because I am genuinely known by this in my company (who are desperately waiting for a 3rd person whose name starts with a C to join... guess what he's going to be called? Use the force...)

Cheers

Mr C2..formerly MrC

*Update* - looks like this isn't available to me, happy for the Mods to change my username if they see this.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I believe the minimum number of posts to activate the use of PMs is 5; so now you should to be able to use PMs Colin.

There are no objections to Members advertising items for sale both here as well as on eBay, but those that do will often quote a lower price to Members since they won't have to pay eBay fees.

All we ask of sellers is that they provide an honest and truthful description of the item(s) they have for sale and to provide plenty of large (not 'thumbnails'), clear photos (preferably taken from several different angles and sides) of the actual item for sale, so interested buyers can assess the cosmetic condition.

Oh and a fixed asking price (which may, or may not, include the carriage), not "open to offers". If someone is interested but wants to 'haggle', they can always send you a PM and if you are willing the two of you can bargain.
    Last edited by Barry; 24-11-2017 at 21:47.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by MrC View Post
    Ah yes, although he is "Mr. C", I am "MrC"... he's been here since 2008. It didn't warn me of a conflict when I joined last year. However I shall defer to the venerable Mr. C , and see if I can change my name... but I'm going to go for Mr C2, because I am genuinely known by this in my company (who are desperately waiting for a 3rd person whose name starts with a C to join... guess what he's going to be called? Use the force...)

Cheers

Mr C2..formerly MrC

*Update* - looks like this isn't available to me, happy for the Mods to change my username if they see this.
    I think only Admin can do this for you.

How about "MisterC"?
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by MrC2 View Post

Cheers

Mr C2..formerly MrC

Now done!
    Barry

I'm Colin.

Thanks Barry

I'm Phil.

ah thanks so much colin , I am sure tony would be happy with that [mr c]
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor