+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new speakers...

I'm Rob.

Walpurgis,

They sound good even with the spades and I was in such a hurry to get the new binding posts in and the speakers playing again, I just left them.

As an aside though, when I set the speakers up for the first time my 12 guage cable would not fit in the clamps of the original binding posts and I was forced to use some old thin cable I had used on a AV setup (maybe 16 guage), that sounds as good as my 12 guage (to my ears), perhaps my ears aren’t what I think they are?

In any case, my 12 guage drops down to those 2 thin wires pictured, I probably should not of bothered with heavy cable.

I'm Geoff.

So glad you like them Bob.
    I really love the 103.2. I recommended them to a friend and he replaced a set of Dynaudios with them. The improvement was huge. Of course, the 103.2 would be a very expensive speaker if made today, as it was then. What's the amp you are using now?
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

I'm not sure I've actually heard a set of those. I guess they are sort of the replacement for the Corelli.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm not sure I've actually heard a set of those. I guess they are sort of the replacement for the Corelli.
    Higher in the range. Part of the reference range.
    Last edited by oldius; 25-11-2017 at 10:07.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Rob.

Hello Geoff,

"I really love the 103.2. I recommended them to a friend and he replaced a set of Dynaudios with them. The improvement was huge."

I'm pleased with these speakers, they're an addictive listen.

My new amp is a Sony TA-F770ES 90W/CH and it sounds good with the 103s.

I'll do write up after the weekend.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Last edited by meBob; 25-11-2017 at 19:49.

I'm Rob.

Hello Firebottle, Walpurgis & Struth,

"If the posts were mounted on the small plate diagonally instead of horizontally, they could be further apart. "

These kind of solutions are done by people who are capable of thinking clearly and laterally, but not by simpletons like myself who put their head down and charge at the problem like an angry bull. It's obvious but I didn't see it at the time.

I've added another photo top down, that shows a better seperation. I could tape or put some shrink/sleeve on them, but I think so long as there is enough separation and no stray copper sticking out the plugs I'm happy.

Cheers,
    Rob

I'm Grant.

Fair enough. I usually put red and black shrink on the plugs as accidents can and do happen, but maybe just for peace of mind. its pretty cheap from China. takes a while but it comes ok.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Very nice looking speakers you have there dude. I bet your be in front of them most of the weekend!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by meBob View Post
    Hello Geoff,

"I really love the 103.2. I recommended them to a friend and he replaced a set of Dynaudios with them. The improvement was huge."

I'm pleased with these speakers, they're an addictive listen.

My new amp is Sony TA-F770ES 90W/CH and it sounds good with the 103s.

I'll do write up after the weekend.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Nice amp. The high-end Japanese stuff of the period I rate highly. I have a similar amp in the form of a Denon PMA850, though probably 10 years earlier than yours (1978).

I'm Rob.

Hello Zoidburg,

I've spent so much more time in front of these than any other speakers I've owned, they're a real pleasure.

Frank Sinatra had an airing last night, "Somethin' stupid", the separation between his and Nancy Sinatra's voice is something I haven't heard before on any of my systems, marvellous!

Night and day difference to my old budget system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12